Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Another Barn Photo Survey

1
Believe it or not, the next barn is where my equine vet hospital used to be...
2
I remember being in that rickety old barn during a wind storm with Bombay. The roof was creaking and cracking and the poor horse was a nervous wreck. The wind could actually pick the roof up, rattle it around, and set it back down again, because it was loose.  Fortunately, since then my vet clinic was able to build themselves a brand new facility with everything the doctors could desire to have to do their jobs.  See the next two pictures below...
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
You'll want to click on this next one to blow it up.  There are deer antlers on the barn...
12
This next barn is where I picked up my last batch of hay...
13
14
15
16
By the large cross, you can see that this last barn is headquarters for a church.  Which barn photo do you like best?

14 comments:

Mikey said...

I like them all!! I miss MT because of the barns. I liked to drive around, find an old abandoned one and go explore it a little. Lot of history in those old barns. If only the walls could talk, eh?

Promise said...

10 and 15 are my favorites...how can you not love that snowy mountain backdrop?!

Linda said...

I think I like 14 and 9 best, but that's a tough one. As for barns, I like your old vet clinic barn--though I wouldn't want to visit the vet in it--I just like the style. Their new new place is perfect, and there sure are a lot of pretty mountain ranges around you.

BrownEyed Cowgirls said...

I like 10, 15 and 16. 15 is probably my favorite.

fernvalley01 said...

second from last ,hands down.Until I saw it I would have gone with the first barn. But the mountains and the whole picture of that last one are just gorgeous

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

In order:

#2
#10
#15

#2 has all the aspects of a perfectly composed photo: angles, perspectives, rule of thirds, framing, color, texture. Perfection!

~Lisa

The D-Meister said...

8: The barn looks haunting sneaking out of all those scraggly brambles.

15: The looming mountains and the cross make for great detail.

Reddunappy said...

I love 15 and 16, The mountains are gorgeous and I love how the shape of the barn mirrors the mountain.

achieve1dream said...

Ten is my absolute favorite and fifteen is a close second! All fantastic shots though. Wow. I wish we had more barns around here.

achieve1dream said...

By the way you should get postcards made or sell them to a company who makes postcards. Very nice!

Breathe said...

15, for rhythmn and color dance...

KD said...

I like 5 then 6 - I would frame either one of those.

Shoofly said...

15
13
16

LOVE old barns! Can't beat the pictures with the mountains in the background.

Janie said...

I like them all, but the antlers are creepy. And the ones that have been abandoned for a long time have such a desolate, lonely feel to them. I keep wondering if barns are sometimes haunted, lol!

You take such beautiful pictures!