Saturday, February 5, 2011

Bombay is Getting Silly Again

My gelding Bombay has been a bit of a lump on a log lately and I worried that as he gets older, he may be losing his sense of humor and playfulness.

Each night I let one horse choose whether he/she wants to be indoors or out, and then I lock the other two in their stalls so that they don't start ripping each other's blankets. Last night was Bombay's night to roam.

This morning I walked into Gabbrielle's stall and found a basketball at her feet. I looked at Bombay, knowing he had to have carried it in his teeth and dropped it through her stall window during the night. He gazed back at me with a pleased expression. My buddy is back. I can't wait to see what other antics he has in store as he comes out of his funk.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Seems like Bombay has the winter blues! Glad he seems to be coming out of his funk, I guess everyone is subject to getting into funks both 2 legged and 4 legged.

Rising Rainbow said...

I think there's nothing more creative for antics than an Arabian gelding. Glad to hear that Bombay is up to his old tricks and look forward to hearing about new ones. LOL

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! What a fun surprise!

I have a half deflated basketball in Apache's paddock and I always get a huge grin when I know that it was in one place the day before and then it has moved to an entirely different location the next day. It doesn't roll, so she either had to kick it or carry it. :)

~Lisa

Dreaming said...

What a hoot! It's always interesting to try to figure out just what the horses do when you are out of sight!

Linda said...

:) Awesome!!! I love a horse with a good sense of humor. Good boy!!

achieve1dream said...

I'm glad Bombay is feeling better!!

fernvalley01 said...

Atta boy Bombay,, maybe that is a sign of spring? Better than a groundhog!