Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Stills: Emotion

This is supposed to be a photo that evokes emotion in the person who views it. This assignment made me think of Sydney's black and white photograph of her cousin sipping a beverage from a coffee cup while looking out a window. That was a fabulous photograph, especially since her cousin looks like Johnny Depp.

Anyway, I knew I wanted to include a human being in my photo, but it's impossible to get anyone to pose for me around here. I caught my son doing his anatomy homework right before he fell asleep on the couch, so this is the closest I could get. You'll have to tell me if this picture evokes emotion, and what kind of emotion. I think it's hard to have someone looking you in the eyes and not feel something.

I just can't believe that teachers are handing out coloring assignments to high school seniors.

View more Sunday Stills Challenge participants here.

13 comments:

Brenda said...

He seems to be saying, "ok, what about it? This is what I study!"

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

lol! I see annoyance in those eyes.

I know that my sons would refuse to do coloring book assignments. Good thing they're home schooled and have a say in what curriculum we choose. :)

When I first looked at the photo I thought Colt was being silly and had a flower decorating the side of his hat, but then I realized it was the edge of the quilt. hee hee!

~Lisa

achieve1dream said...

Hehe! He looks thrilled to be coloring. :) Makes me want to pull out my old coloring books, so this photo makes me feel inspired and artistic. Great shot!

Sue said...

"Mom, just get it over with."

I sense tolerance and frustration, mixed with love and humor.

Ms Martyr said...

I think Sue nailed it.

dibear said...

Are you kidding? I loved it when we had maps to color in our world history class in high school!! But, then again that was fifty years ago!!
He does look annoyed. :)

Rising Rainbow said...

I get that look, although I'm not sure if it's a you for wanting the picture, his assignment or maybe a little bit of both. LOL

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

This isn't working. I'm wondering if the picture evokes an emotion in YOU, the viewer of the picture. Instead, everyone is interpreting my son's emotion. I think next time I'll try a photo without a person in it.

Linda said...

I agree with you--it makes me think of what he's thinking. My teens look like that ALL the time. I guess I'm used to it.

Ebie said...

I see a "do not complain" look in his yes.

Regular Guy said...

Awright mom. Looks like he stayed in the lines.

Far Side of Fifty said...

It made me feel old..I was in high school so long ago:)

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I feel curiosity because I want to see the paper better.