Thursday, March 24, 2011

Still Waiting

I haven't had much to write about, because I'm still waiting for spring.

I can't do much of anything except read, write and needlecrafts -- all indoor activities.

My tennis elbow has been giving me grief. The bubble in my elbow band popped, so I had to drive around to different pharmacies earlier in the week to search for a new one. I have to wear this thing and keep pressure on the arm nerve for months before the pain will go away. Things like quilting and embroidery hurt all the way up in my shoulder and my fingers burn.  I'm begging the horses to crap less so that I can shovel less.

My husband went with me on my search for a new elbow band, and I talked him into making a quick stop around the corner to help me search for a geocache I couldn't find.  He couldn't find it either.  That was before all this snow fell.  Spring tried to come, but snow dumped on the bulbs.

We had to bring our sprinkler in from the pasture since we obviously won't need it for a while.  Lake Tahoe is currently three feet above its natural rim and there's still a lot of snow that needs to melt this year.

My patio chair won't be available for use for a while.

I'm looking for a path out of this rut...

...but everywhere I look is a dead end.  I was collecting donations for a one-way plane ticket to somewhere warmer, but my dancing monkey froze to death and my money hat blew away in the hurricane force winds. 

10 comments:

Mikey said...

I'd be sick of it too, by this time. So close to spring, yet the snow just keeps coming.

Dreaming said...

Oh, your poor monkey!
Isn't funny how something that is beautiful in winter is just a darn nuisance in spring?! And, you have to admit it, your pictures show a lot of beauty!
Ouch on the tennis elbow. That is the worst pain, and you are right - it takes forever for it to heal. Hmmm, maybe your husband could be coerced into scooping poop? Well, maybe not ;-) You could feed them less, that would work, but wouldn't be great for their health!
Hopefully you'll have some sunny skies and melting today.
Oh...we're supposed to get it on Sunday - I'll be complaining then!

Breathe said...

You need to move to Texas. We don't put up with such nonsense.

:)

Sending you warm thoughts...

Crystal said...

I hear you I am waiting for spring too! It can't come soon enough!

Linda said...

It's good that you have a sense of humor about it. We're on the cusp of true spring--or, at least, I like to hope we are--though I don't have tulips coming out of the ground yet. I don't have anything coming out of the ground, and I check every darn day.

Rising Rainbow said...

I hope this winter is going to be gone soon and we've not had nearly the awful weather you have. I feel for you and your monkey.

Anonymous said...

We had a week of spring-like weather than culminated in a foot of snow followed by more cold. Testing my patience for sure.

I always thought it would be great if the horses would just frop manure directly on the manure pile. It's not happening, though.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm still shocked each time I come to your blog and see more white stuff. We just haven't got any real snow all winter long. Why does it always seem to be everything or nothing at all?

~Lisa

achieve1dream said...

If it were still winter here I think I would scream! I don't know how you put up with it. It's too bad about the darn monkey. You could have brought the horses down here and we could go riding together and Chrome and Bombay could have fun together. :) I'll think warm thoughts for you so hopefully the stupid snow will melt.

JasperGirl said...

Snow is beautiful to look at, but its a pain when your always out working with horses. Spring is just starting to show its face where I am thankfully. But of course, its going to act more like winter during my spring break this week.