Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Stills: My Favorite Place

My favorite place is the Eastern Sierra mountain range which cradles Lake Tahoe. This is where I like to ride my horses, hike, and take photographs of the changing seasons.

This monument reminds me of better times when the majority of my neighbors were Washoe Indians, rich with culture and kindness. Now our area is just getting overrun with rude, impatient people who have no appreciation for the land.

This house and snow-covered pasture represents the type of space I hope to have some day.  View more Sunday Stills participants here.

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Very pretty place to be.

dibear said...

Beautiful scenery. :)

aurora said...

Wow, I can see why this is your favorite place ~ it's beautiful!

fernvalley01 said...

Beautiful,I can see why you like it so much

Brenda said...

I would love to ride those trails!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I can see why the Eastern Sierras are your favorite places. Beautiful!

And I hope you fulfill your dreams of that house and pasture one day soon.

~Lisa

achieve1dream said...

Wow breathtaking scenery and pictures!

Ed said...

Beautiful area, I love that area.:-)

chloephotography said...

incredible spot!

DayPhoto said...

We have the VERY same problems happening here. They move in, scream because there are farming activites that go on all the time, are rude...you know the drill

Linda
http://coloradofarmlife.wordpress.com