Monday, June 27, 2011

Barn Tour - Part 1

I took a tour of some barns and museums in my valley on Saturday, an event arranged by the Historical Society. It was really meant more for history and architecture buffs than for photographers, because we were limited to specific times of day when we could visit each barn, and in some cases the location of the sun was not the best in respect to the location of the barns, but I worked with what they gave me.





This baby owl fell from its nest. There were owls in most of the barns...

Peek-a-boo...

This chicken ran up to me with great excitement until it realized I didn't have any food...









The owners of each farm led the tours. Any favorite pictures?

9 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Love the barn with the antique wagon.
Looks like a nice tour, good pictures.

Reddunappy said...

Such craftsmanship in those wooden barns!! Beautiful!!

achieve1dream said...

I like the old falling apart wagon. :D All of the pictures are great. It's so cool looking at all of the stuff hanging on the walls. :)

Mikey said...

I like the sled hanging on the front of the barn. Really cool pictures!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

That's actually a really nice outhouse and I love the wood doors on the last barn. Also, the gas pump and motorcycle with the horse in the background is pretty neat too.

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, I love them all! I love old barns and I've been searching them out here in So. Cal, but barns seem to always be those new things with metal...not old, wooden ones! My parents ranch down near Vista has one of the oldest wooden barns in So. California and I drive by it every time I'm down that way...it's painted red, but my dad put an aluminium roof on it back in the 1960's, which is still intact. We recently visited Bodie and I tromped out to the barns there.

lytha said...

i love the windchimes on that wall of stuff. i would be fascinated, i cannot get enough of old barns and their contents. ok, mostly the contents, wondering what horse wore that, etc.

Linda said...

Beautiful shots! I love the old Shell fixture. Very cool.

Cut-N-Jump said...

Love the barns and the chicken. How much for the wagon???

Awesome that you get to tour them.