Thursday, June 2, 2011

Going into Hibernation

I'm going into hibernation for a while, not just because it is snowing in June, but because bad things keep happening and I'm hoping that if I hold perfectly still and do nothing, then this curse will get bored with me and go away.  Long story short, I almost burned down our house and everyone in it last night because I was in a rush to get rid of some paperwork, and didn't want to take the time to shred each paper individually. 

I have so much to do and I honestly don't think I can even live long enough to get it all done, so I've kicked my To Do List into hyper drive.  If something isn't moving fast enough for me, I push it and push it until it comes back to bite me.  This latest little life lesson graced me with burns on my fingers, smoke inhalation, and a house that stinks to high heaven with smoke damage. 

My husband and I were able to put out the fires ourselves without having to call the fire department, but let me tell you -- if you don't have smoke and fire alarms for every major room in your house, get some!  My son, the dogs and I were asleep when the fire broke out, my husband just thought the smoke smell was from the wood burning stove, and all the lights in the house were out, so none of us could see the smoke.  It was the smoke alarm that woke us all up and made us turn on the lights to take a closer look at the source of the smell.

I don't care to go into detail, because I'm not in the mood for a bunch of should've - would'ves.  I've got a bad headache and am feeling really angry at the universe right now.  I don't even want to ask what's next.  I have my limit to how much trouble I can handle in one 24-hour period, none-the-less one lifetime, and I've already exceeded it.  So, I'm going to lay low for a while and when good things finally start happening to me, I'll return to testing my luck with the horses and blogging. 

And before someone thinks to leave the comment that I was lucky, because my house didn't burn down and we have our lives, I'll just say it myself and get it out of your system.  Shhhhhh.  Consider this my quiet time.  See you on the other side of this mess.

16 comments:

Leah Fry said...

I'll offer up a little prayer for you that the madness stops soon.

Maia said...

And this too shall pass. We'll miss you. Come back when you're ready.

Mrs Mom said...

Hang tough NuzMuz. We'll be thinking of you from our little corner of the world. Looking forward to seeing you on the flip side!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Nothing to add except, good grief!

You were lucky!! I hope all is well soon.

Grey Horse Matters said...

When things get tough go out and groom your horses or go take a relaxing ride to make you feel better. Hang in there.

Linda said...

I look forward to seeing you on the other side soon.

fernvalley01 said...

Glad you are safe, rest well

Anonymous said...

I am sorry things seem to be going so bad, it's not your fault it is just the wat life happens sometimes. When at the bottom the only way to go is up. Keep up the good fight for your blogging friends.

Mikey said...

damn girl! Wow! I totally understand, take all the time you need.

Rising Rainbow said...

Geez! That's a real mess. I'm sorry to hear you got bit again. I know how you feel as life keeps throwing curve balls, I'm getting pretty tired myself. The only thing that keeps me going is knowing that sooner or later it REALLY will pass. I'm voting for sooner for both of us. In the meantime, we'll be here when you get back.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Hang in there, NM.
What I did today is not even close to what it sounds like you did, but I did fill the entire house with smoke when I left some steak cooking in the frying pan while I went outside to sit down for a few minutes after an exhausting day at work. My lower back and hips were aching so bad and I just needed to sit for a few minutes. When I came back inside, I guess I must have rested a little too long as the house smelled horrible, was filled with smoke and the meat was burned to a black crisp!

I was so upset that I ruined dinner, but the smoke filled house wasn't as big of a deal because of the fires raging all over New Mexico this week. Our skies are so grey, hazy and smoke filled that my nose and eyes are always burning, I keep sneezing and my eyes are watering, and I have a headache pretty much 24-7. We have to keep our windows open because it's been pretty hot this week and we don't have the swamp cooler set up yet for summer, so the wildfire smoke has filled our house.

The winds are so bad here and now the smoke from all the fires. I've had enough of this crazy weather this year.
A local who I work with said she's lived up here for more than 30 years and has never experienced anything like the weather we're having now. It's freaking crazy!

Sure would like some beautiful summer days soon. But I'm getting worried that the horrible weather we've all been experiencing across the country is here to stay. Have we destroyed the ozone layer or something? gah!

Enjoy your hibernation. We all need to do that sometimes.

((((hugs)))
~Lisa

Breathe said...

Egads, woman. Hang in there!

Ms Martyr said...

I hope life gets better for you soon. You do seem to have had a long run of misfortune. Forfeiting blog reading and writing should free up some time for more important matters. Stay sane.

Crystal said...

yikes, sounds like some hiding is in order. Hope you get through it okay.

sue said...

I just wanted to wish you good things, rest and comfort.. I will miss reading your blogs because I always enjoyed seeing your part of the world. but I do understand "busy and too much happening" and when we can take a little break from something (perhaps blogging) and regroup that is always a wise decision. So, I will be checking in to see when you are blogging again.. in the meantime friend... rest...and best wishes...

achieve1dream said...

I'm sorry things are going so bad. I can sort of relate because 2010 has been a really crappy year for me too (although my husband's job loss and injury isn't as bad as the death of your mother obviously) so I feel for you. The most frustrating part was all of the uncaring jerks who kept saying "it could have been worse". That is literally my most hated phrase now. I started feeling like that mentality was making things worse so my boss (been rough for him too) and I decided to start saying "it could be better!". And to my surprise it started to get better. :D I don't know if it's because it forced me into a more positive outlook or if my bad luck just finally ran out but it's worth a shot. I really hope things improve soon for you. We're here for you when you're ready to come back (I know you have. It's weird writing so much after the fact. Gonna try not to get so far behind on reading from now on).