Wednesday, July 27, 2011

When Good Boys Go Bad

You may remember me mentioning that my son had long hair when he left for his sports camp, and thanks to one boy's prank, my son came back looking like this:

That's his puppy dog eyes, and girly girl look. He's just being silly. He's always got to be in some kind of character for the camera. Here's a side view...

Back view...

I shaved his neck, and some kids did the rest.  We are aiming for going on our annual fishing trip some time soon before he leaves for college.  I booked his flight today.  He and his father got the last two seats on the plane.  It was a close one, considering there were eight seats available just half an hour before.

No news to report on Gabbrielle.  I called today to see if I could observe another lesson and the trainer said she was too busy running her day camp.  She said she is riding Gabbrielle, but it's difficult for her to schedule anything and stick with it, so I have an appointment next Wednesday.

It's good to know I'm not the only one incapable of making a schedule and sticking to it.  I'm like...  Oh, I think I'll run on the treadmill this morning and make sure I take all my vitamins -- WHAT?  We still haven't submitted all the paperwork for your college loans?  Dang it! 

Or... I think I'll lunge the horses today, put the fishing poles together, and take the dogs for a hike -- WHAT?  No one has booked your flight to your university yet?  Argh!  

Or... I think I'll walk some dogs at the animal shelter today -- RING! RING!  Hi, Nuz Muz, I got a problem.  Can you fix it for me? 

I'm done fixing things.  You forget something important -- you suffer the consequences.  You make the mess -- you clean it up.  Although it is kind of hard to get a skunk to wash my dogs and get my horse to stitch up his own wounds.  Oh well, I guess personal responsibility doesn't exactly extend to the animal world.  Although, my horses do try to clean up their own poop.  The only problem with their method is that it just comes right back out as poop.  It's a poopy poop world out there.  Better look sharp.

10 comments:

Linda said...

That was a funny post. Thanks for the laugh.

My son had a mohawk for a while. You're handling it much better than I did! lol.

Once Upon an Equine said...

LOL at that last part. At least the horses are recycling.

Now that's a back-to-school haircut your son has. He just needs to add some food coloring. Red? Blue? Green? Maybe his school colors.

Caitlin said...

Well... at least the horses are trying to help you out? I too suffer from an inability to maintain schedules. Doesn't help that my job just furthers that skill and forces me to fly by the seat of my pants all day long.

I love yours ability to always make me giggle. Your sense of humor about all this is fantastic.

fernvalley01 said...

He looks a bit of a rogue with that haircut! Enjoy the trip , and try to get some rest

Leah Fry said...

I'm stunned at the wisdom of "it's a poopy poop world out there." Damn, that's deep ;-)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Can I scream now? We decided to go fishing this weekend and I just checked the weather report. Thunderstorms both Saturday and Sunday. This was literally the last weekend we both had available to go fishing. So, I guess we will have to search out one week day when we are both available and it isn't raining. If we didn't have to buy freakin' fishing licenses, we could just go without planning when we discover we have a few hours and the weather is decent.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Well at least he didn't shave it bald. I've seen worse. I actually thought those haircuts were out years ago.

It is definitely "a poopy poop world out there"... Thanks for the chuckle.

Stephanie said...

I'm gad I'm not the only one that feels like I'm running around with my head cutoff!!! The hair doesn't look too bad :)

achieve1dream said...

LOL! His expression is great. My husband acts like that. I guess boys never grow up hehe.

I like your new saying. :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Your son is handsome and cute with any style of hair-do he might don, even bald. I think it's not too bad actually.
I've seen kids around here sporting mohawks and baldies lately. I think it's just a way to experiment, like girls experience with hairstyles and make-up.

~Lisa