Wednesday, August 17, 2011

50% Contained

This is what the smoke looked like earlier Wednesday afternoon. Interestingly enough, it hasn't blown in our direction. The people in the next valley over and up in Reno are the ones who are suffering.

Two 15-year-old boys have been arrested for not properly putting out the campfire that caused the blaze, which is now 50% contained.

The horses started fighting over camera time...

Lostine's natural fly mask...

Oh oh, hay is getting low again...

The horses can see me coming out of the house, so they scream at me over the haystack.  Here is what the fire looked like this evening...

You can see some hot spots flared up off to the right because the wind picked up a little.

8 comments:

Paint Girl said...

How scary! Hope the fire gets put out soon!! I am glad we don't have to worry about wild fires, at least not close to home.

fernvalley01 said...

Glad they are getting it under control!

Leah Fry said...

That's gotta be scary. As dry as it is, a fire can travel freakishly fast.

I love your little barn.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I woke up the morning and the sky was almost clear!

Amber said...

Love, love, love that picture of Lostine!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm glad that fire is half contained now. I bet those boys' parents are both angry and embarrassed over what happened. I know I would be. Between Boy Scouts and our family camping, we always teach the dangers and responsibility of having a campfire.

Perfect, natural fly mask for Lostine. All horses should be so lucky.
I love that photo of the horses behind the hay bales. Looks so...farm-like :) Plus I think it's cool that your horses scream for you. Val's horses scream for her and sometimes even Yalla! will call to me if she sees me walking to my own barn.
But Apache never screams or whinnies. She will make these low grunting-nickering sounds that I can only hear when I get to within 20 feet of her.

~Lisa

Katharine Swan said...

I adore that picture of your horses looking for you over the hay. ^_^ Lostine has the same expectant expression on her face that Panama does when he stands at the gate and whinnies for me to come get him when I arrive at the barn.

achieve1dream said...

Your horses are so gorgeous! I love Lostine's fly mask hehe.

I hope the fire is put out soon.