Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Bigger and Closer

The wildfire is spreading in all directions now and appears to be heading our way.  Here's the view from my horse paddock...

My neighbors seem to be evacuating, because someone came and hauled off a junk vehicle that had been sitting in their yard for a few weeks. Gotta save those junkers.

And the view over Lostine's rump...

The blue barn is my friend's Arabian horse farm.  We had another wave of forestry fire fighters blow past our house. They had to evacuate some homes so far and the highway is still closed.

9 comments:

Chelsie said...

How scary! We don't really get wildfires in my area (thank goodness.) I hope it dies down quickly, and stays away from where you are!

fernvalley01 said...

My goodness ! stay safe!!! They likely should haul off the junkers , probably haven't bothered to drain the fuel tanks

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Gosh, I'm praying that they get it out really soon, especially before it comes your way.

Mikey said...

Wow, this is going to be a scary night for all of you! Will be keeping you in our prayers!

Reddunappy said...

OH man scary stuff!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wowza! That is big and looks so close!
Scary! What are the telling you? Are you supposed to evacuate, too?

~Lisa

Cheryl Ann said...

Please keep us updated, okay? That sure must be scary. HA! Maybe your neighbors will move out all their precious JUNK!

Mary said...

Be careful. I would be frightened out of my wits.

achieve1dream said...

Yikes!!! I hope they get it put out soon.