Saturday, September 10, 2011

Afternoon Thunderstorms

Afternoon thunderstorms have started moving in each day in our area. I have to learn how to plan my days carefully. I noticed that Lostine needed to have her mane washed and detangled, but first I had to feed the horses their lunch. By the time they finished eating, these clouds and some wind gusts moved in.

It was cooling down quickly, so I didn't want to get my horse all wet and give her the chills.

Lightning struck off in the distance, followed by siren after siren after siren. We've got another fire in the mountains to our east. This one is threatening homes.

We had a fire up in Lake Tahoe near Spooner Summit a couple of days ago that they believe was caused by lightning. I'll have to check on the letterbox I planted there to make sure it didn't burn up. These are trying times for people all over our country thanks to Mother Nature, people going crazy, and a number of other nutty things. Please, please, oh please, let our country have an uneventful Sunday tomorrow.

4 comments:

Vaquerogirl said...

Hey Nus- are you on the Nevada side or the Ca side?
I might be travelling up that way for the Snaffle Bit Futurity at the end of the month. Maybe we can meet up!
We had lightning here too. A few fires followed that were quickly extinguished. As much as I love a summer thunder storm- I hate the consequences.

fernvalley01 said...

Prayers for a peaceful day of rememberance

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Vaquerogirl - Sounds great. I sent you an email.

Crystal said...

I love that first shot of clouds, so pretty.