Sunday, October 23, 2011

Saddle Time

I was preparing to ride Gabbrielle when my neighbor came out on her rider mower, hit a rock and sent Gabbrielle flying. This was the end result...

I got the nick cleaned up, got Gabbrielle saddled up and attempted to ride her. Both she and I have issues that will need to be corrected next year when, hopefully, I have some money to pay a trainer to work with both of us together.

Then I saddled up Bombay and rode him. He was chewing the bit a lot and turning his head to the left. I kept trying to either straighten his head out or tip his nose to the inside of the arena, because going clockwise wasn't working out with him insisting on keeping his muzzle to the rail. I thought he was evading the right cheek piece, so I removed the bridle, washed and examined the bit, but couldn't find any problems with it. Could be his teeth.

It's always something. At any rate, I'm glad that I got to ride all three horses before this cold front moves in. This time of year I never know when the last day of riding will be before the ground gets icy.

7 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Poor Gabbrielle! Jeez! I guess it really is impossible to just ignore those neighbors, isn't it? Nobody should have to put up with their crap all the time.

I glad you did get to ride her though. Even just five minutes up in the saddle is good training.

I wonder what's up with Bombay?

Leah Fry said...

Fortunately, Gabbrielle's cut looks small and clean. Glad you were able to beat the weather. I did that yesterday with the rain.

I love Bombay's freckles. Jaz has them in the summer, but loses them when he grows his winter coat.

Caitlin said...

Your neighbor tales never fail to astound me. Really... there has to be some cosmic force misaligned on their home or something...

And I'm just waiting for the winter mud here... cold, deep mud... bleh.

fernvalley01 said...

Glad you got a ride in on both , the neighbor thing just boggles my mind

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I'm glad you got to ride, too. Here's hoping this storm is a mild one...

I'm supposed to be on a plane to the east coast on Thursday morning.

~Lisa

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Lisa - They are now saying it will just be cold, but there shouldn't be more than a 20% chance of rain.

achieve1dream said...

Poor Bombay. I hope it isn't his teeth, or if it is that it's just a simple float. Good luck!

I'm glad you got to ride too. That's awesome!