Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Self Portrait Fun

I wanted to play around with some self-portraits since I just recently got my hair cut and colored. Auto focus doesn't work with the self-timer, so I had to set up an object that was about the same height as my head would be while sitting, manually focus on that, and then move it out of the way. I played around with wearing different colors against different backdrops to see how they read on screen. Then I had some Photoshop fun using different style filters.





Now that I've wasted my entire day on that, I've got to go wash some dishes and muck some horse stalls.

13 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Good job. Sometimes it's good to waste a day just playing around with nonsense.

TnTConnect said...

I don't consider it a waste...looks like you accomplished what you set out to do. Good job!

Mary said...

I love your hair! I want your hair! I am blessed with very fine limp, lifeless, ugh... The effects you used are pretty cool too! It's ok to have a play day every once in a while, or half day. Good for you.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Very nice! I think you did a wonderful job. And you look very pretty.

Horses Are Our Lives said...

Awesome. I like the 2nd one. Isn't it fun to be able to take the time to play? I did that on Sunday, just playing with some photos. Love the hair cut!

Dreaming said...

I really like the different effects you used. I think I like the one where you are wearing gold with a black backdrop the best. The pose is very thought-provoking.
I'd say you had fun...not a waste of time!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Cute new hair cut. I really like that first photo. You look like how I remember you.
What a great idea to practice and experiment.
Are you planning on offering portrait services for people, too?
Perhaps senior photos or fashion shots?

~Lisa

fernvalley01 said...

I like the first one best , it is a sweet pic of a sweet lady

Crystal said...

Looks good, i have wasted many a day doing photography stuff :)

Paint Girl said...

Hey there is nothing wrong with wasting a day on doing something you love to do! Great pictures!

Breathe said...

Photographers have to have good self portraits! It's essential! Looks like a fun time. ;)

Deanna said...

Good shots! You're really pretty. Love your hair too. Very creative and artistic photo shopping. Well done!

achieve1dream said...

Those are fantastic and I love your new haircut. :) Not a waste of a day at all.