Sunday, October 30, 2011

Sunday Stills: 25 and 50 Steps

This week's Sunday Stills Challenge was to choose a starting spot, walk 25 steps in any direction and take 3 photos, then choose either the same or a different spot, walk 50 steps in any direction and take 3 more photos. I was hoping to take a trip to some place new and interesting, but I got busy with chores such as painting the bathroom, so the best I could do was to take the dogs for a walk at the dog park a few blocks away.

Midge helped me pick out the first starting spot and these three pictures were the result:

A children's playground.

A fire station.

Typical houses and yards in my neighborhood.

Scrappy helped me choose the second starting point and we walked 50 steps from there.

An odd backyard sporting a gazebo and a metal shed.

Tennis courts.

The playground from a different angle.

They have been digging a huge hole in the ground at this park. I thought it was going to be a skate park, but it is going to be a fishing pond. Looks more like a fishing lake to me. They say they will start building the skate park next. They have to build everything in phases as the funding comes in.

This is the park where they have a horse trail going around the perimeter right next to a bunch of back yards containing loud, territorial attack dogs, mostly Pit Bulls. It was bad enough that they put the trail in right behind the fire station. I suspect that once the skate park goes in, we won't see any horseback riders. Kids popping up out of holes in the ground, flying through the air on boards and crashing back down onto concrete probably won't work out well for the horseback riders. But I'm sure that my kids will be excited to try out the skate park once it is finished.

4 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

Sounds like a nice park overall. and with all the other distractions, not sure it was a great place to ride. A fishing pond and a skate park hmmm. Might be a great place for photography

aurora said...

Nice job with the challenge! Cute that your dogs helped :) Pretty area, altho no longer the best place for a horseback riding trail.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Interesting challenge.
Such a strange backyard to have both a Quonset and a Pagoda side-by-side.

~Lisa

achieve1dream said...

Yay a fishing pond! :D LOL

Nice pictures. My doctor told me to move out there because my allergies are so bad where I live, but I would miss the hills/mountains and green stuff. It's pretty out there too, just so different. :)