Saturday, January 14, 2012

Burn

Someone suggested that I contact equestrian organizations in Arizona to get the skinny on the best equestrian neighborhoods and places to trail ride.  So, I did.  I sent emails out to four of them, and so far one response came back.  The man said that the best person to answer my questions is a real estate agent and he forwarded my email to one. 

Great.  Just great.

The whole point of me contacting horse organizations was to talk to unbiased horse owners.  I'm not ready to deal with real estate agents yet.  I don't have the time for them.  I have asked some people for recommendations of real estate agents (for me to research and possibly contact in the distant future when I'm ready), but to just forward my email to a real estate agent without my permission is just plain rude.  Plus, what does this guy think?  That I'm a moron?  That I don't know what a real estate agent is?  I've been dealing with them my whole life and sometimes you just want to set out on your own so that you can cut out the B.S. 

8 comments:

Ms Martyr said...

How aggravating.

I'm pretty sure Mikey reads this blog. Have you tried asking her and/or other Arizona readers for their opinions and suggestions?

Mikey said...

Yeah, that's not cool at all!

fernvalley01 said...

CutnJump is from AZ as well as Mikey (I think you knew that ) they might be great resources for you

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Yeah, Mikey's been helping me. She's a bit further north from where we are looking to settle. I'll see about CutnJump.

Anonymous said...

Coshise County was absolute horse mecca in the early to mid 80s when we lived there, but I don't know about now. We have moved 7 times since then (sigh). ~spotz58

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Wow. He sure passed the buck, eh?
Sounds like he's not all that welcoming to new residents to his state.

Have you tried FB yet? We've got some awesome, active equestrian groups here in New Mexico called New Mexico Horseback Trail Riders and New Mexico Horsemen and another group called Silicon Saddles(which is not on FB). Information is shared willingly on both of those FB groups and the last group is for like-minded trail riders to organize and post rides and meet-ups around New Mexico.

That's how I've been finding out about some of the awesome trail riding opportunities around our state and have connected with new friendly folks to trail ride with, as well as find out where the hay deals are, and pretty much anything horse related.

You might want to check out Arizona's equestrian sites on Facebook, too.

~Lisa

Vaquerogirl said...

ERK! Sorry! I get calls from people all around California looking for advise on areas and horses and never once have I directed them to a real estate agent!
Maybe a stable would be of more help, make up a story about just moving your horse from one stable to another...

achieve1dream said...

I'm sure he was just trying to be helpful. At least it was just an e-mail and not a phone number. You aren't obligated to even return an e-mail so I wouldn't worry about it. :) Wish I knew something about Arizona so I could help you out but I don't.