Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Day at The World Wildlife Zoo

I promised my husband I would post this last night, but I fell asleep before the pictures finished uploading. I took the kids to The World Wildlife Zoo in Litchfield Park. It gave me a chance to do something with them other than house hunting and eating, and it also allowed me to meet my son's girlfriend. Here is a medley of some of the animals we saw:




Oops!  I don't think we were supposed to see that.



My daughter's sole purpose in life is to feed and pet a giraffe, and her dream came true on this day...


The tortoises were still going at it.  They are funny because they grunt during this procedure.





I told my daughter she could pass for the age of 12, and gave her some food to go into the children's petting zoo.  She was grinning from ear to ear petting baby llamas, goats and fawns.  She's actually 21, but she's short and petite, and I didn't think anyone would mind, considering all the grown ups that were sneaking in.  Grown ups get joy out of playing with animals too.

Brother and sister getting into a scuffle.




Seriously?  I guess they are just slow at everything.

8 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great pictures. My daughter would love to pet a giraffe too. Guess those turtles are slow at everything. I'm guessing the grunting was probably from the female...he looks bigger and heavier with that shell.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Thanks for sharing. You got some great photos. Lol, at the tortoises!
I think petting zoos should be for everybody.

Crystal said...

aww I would so love to pet a girraffe!!!! That looks so cool.

Jeni said...

Love the pictures! Looks like a wonderful day.

I like the tortoises way of life "Never rush a good thing".

Dreaming said...

The zoo looks like it was a lot of fun. The tortoises cracked me up!
House hunting can be a drag... and after you mentioned it, I thought of all of the funky smelling houses we visited.
Good luck with your quest!

Mikey said...

Love that place, I need to take Mercy again. I LOVE to feed the giraffes :)
You were about 30 miles from my place :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awesome animal photos! You're talents really shine! Loved the giraffes all lined up like puppies waiting for treats...too cute the lolling tongue, too!
I've never seen flamingos all with their necks straight like that either. Cool beans!
And I love the meerkat shot, too. Meerkats are my favorite wild animal ever!
The tortoises getting a little lovin', cracked me up...but not as much as your comments did. Procedure? lol!
Looks like your handsome son hooked himself a hottie!
But what is up with the men's suede slippers they're both wearing? Is that the newest fashion style down there in AZ? lol!

~Lisa

achieve1dream said...

LOL! Totally laughed about the tortoises. :)

Looks like you guys had fun!

Too funny about the petting zoo. I love being able to go in and pet all the different animals. I went to one years ago that had deer, goats, sheep, zebra, etc. Had a blast!