Sunday, February 26, 2012

A Quick Note

I've been buried in legal paperwork this past week and have had both phones ringing at the same time.  Our real estate agent is worth her weight in gold... or maybe I should say she's worth my weight in gold, since she's a skinny little thing and I'm almost too big for my horse.  We spent several days negotiating a deal on a house in Arizona, and the seller kept coming back with counter offers that I couldn't accept.  Just when I was about to give up and start looking for a different horse property, my real estate agent went to bat for me and won. 

I still can't believe it.  A part of me is expecting some kind of complication to cancel the contract, because so many things have gone wrong.  Now we are in a tense period in which I have to complete the refinance of our current home, close on escrow for the new house a few days later, and pay taxes a few days after that.  If any one of these three things happens out of order, it could spell trouble.

So, it looks like we'll be moving into the house on four acres with bridle path access across the street in mid-April.  My husband has to start looking for a job, we have to hold a yard sale, I have to clean and repair this house and get a real estate agent to sell it.  As soon as escrow closes I have to hire a fencing company to set up a dog run and shaded horse paddock.  I have to figure out how to move my horses, because there's no way I'm doing it myself.  So much to do and so little time.  It's nauseating, but I'm sure once we're settled, it will be worth it.

17 comments:

Dreaming said...

Congrats...I think!
Boy, do you have a ton of work ahead of you. I don't envy you. But... the new house sounds wonderful!

Linda said...

Moving is never easy. We had to move a 5,200 square foot house into a 3,200 square foot half finished one and 7 horses, 2 dogs and 3 goats onto a property with no fencing, barn, grass, nothing. You don't really think about how hard it is until it's over, but I don't want to EVER move again. Keep looking forward!! I hope it's everything you've wanted!!

Reddunappy said...

Wow Nuzz Muzz!! Things are starting to come together!! Congrats!!!

There is a horse hauling service up in Colorado Springs. They would have only charged me $700 to send a horse from Washington to Colorado Springs. I just googled haulers and they came up.

Reddunappy said...

OH and I just thought that it would be a lot cheaper from Nevada to NM. not as far. Good luck!!!

Katharine Swan said...

Wow -- when I saw the title "A Quick Note," I had no idea how exciting the news would be! Congratulations!

Leah Fry said...

What a busy but wonderfully exciting time. Can't wait to see pix and hear about your new place. Won't be nearly as surreal without those wacky neighbors of yours!

Wazzoo said...

OMG! So happy for you!!! CONGRATS!

Jeni said...

So excited for you! Hope the cards continue to fall in the right directions =)

fernvalley01 said...

Congrats!! Whoo hoo you are outta there!!!

strivingforsavvy said...

That is so exciting!! It will be a busy few months, but so worth it!! Good for you!

Laura said...

What wonderful news... I hope everything goes smoothly from here to April!

Once Upon an Equine said...

This is very exciting. The house and property sound wonderful, and how nice to have access to a bridle path. And a good bridle path at that, as confirmed by the riders you talked to. (I was excited about having a bridle path in our neighborhood, but after moving in, I found out it is not safe or maintained at all). Good luck. I hope everything falls into placethe parts and pieces all fit together perfectly and timely.

Katharine Swan said...

The Colorado Springs-based horse transporter is called Nation-Wide. I used them to bring Panama to Denver, and my in-laws all used them when they moved to Colorado a few years back. The thing that impressed us all the most is how patient and knowledgeable the driver was when Panama had a hard time loading. They were on time or early every time, although they weren't great about calling an hour before they arrive, like they are supposed to -- I recommend having whoever is present when the horses are loaded ask for the driver's cell number, so that you have a way to get a hold of them if necessary to find out their ETA. But I would definitely recommend them -- I really liked them, and I thought their prices were very reasonable -- when I moved Panama here from Kansas City, it cost $500.

appydoesdressage said...

Congrats! I am very excited for you and I hope everything falls into place and you can get away from the crazy people!

Mikey said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you. It's a LOT of work, but it will be SO worth it.

Cheryl Ann said...

Yeah, I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes. Gosh, we haven't moved for 37 years! ACK!

achieve1dream said...

Oh my goodness!! Congrats! I'm so excited for you.