Monday, March 19, 2012

Oh Deer!

Last night the dogs were barking at the fence. They found about ten deer in my neighbor's back yard.



Gabbrielle was fascinated...

Lostine was interested until I came outside, and then she just wanted to eat...

Bombay was just perturbed that more trespassers were coming around in his space...

Don't you love how I can't get a single picture of my horses without my neighbors' crap in the background?  You can see the lovely, illegal fence that the annoying neighbors' built and part of where the wind blew it down.  More of it was blown down, but they are propping it up.  The horses used to be terrified of the deer, but are finally starting to get used to them.

The deer ran across the street, and some neighbors chased them back, so they returned next door and huddled around trying to figure out where they could go without people and cars chasing them.

I don't know if the neighbors who chased them just wanted to get a closer look or if they wanted to get them off their property, but I'd love for them to know that because their dogs get loose so often, they stop traffic and cause a lot of drivers to honk in front of our house.  Also, their dogs tried to attack my husband on our property the other day while he was working on our walkway.  So, if they don't want the deer on their property, they might try building a fence tall enough to keep the deer out and the dogs in.  It's the people who are the nuisance, not the animals.

3 comments:

Once Upon an Equine said...

The deer are pretty. I bet you will be glad when you can finally put those neighbors in your rear view mirror.

Paint Girl said...

That's a lot of deer! We usually get 3-4 deer every day in our yard. Never have had that many at once though!
Yeah, I see all the neighbors crap. It would get really old having to look at all that crap every day!

achieve1dream said...

That last statement is so true!! Those deer are beautiful. I hope they found a safe way out.