Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I'm Getting Excited

I think this is really going to happen.  I haven't allowed myself to celebrate too much about moving out of this hell hole, because nothing is guaranteed, but today the title company put all our paperwork together and is shipping it to us for signing.  In exactly one week we, along with the bank, will be home owners of a new home.

I was boxing up stuff all day and piling garbage bags and moldy hay into the beds our our pickup trucks, then making trips to the dump.  While out mucking stalls, my neighbor drove up with a truck and started unloading more garbage and junk from it, and piling it on the side of his house.  He said to the young man who was helping him, "Let's go back and get some more." 

The young man excused himself, saying he had other obligations, so the old man climbed into his truck and made several more trips picking up junk and hauling it back to his place.  I thought it was odd how I'm scrambling to get rid of everything we don't need while my neighbor is scrambling to hoard as much junk as possible.  I'm sure he and his nosy wife will show up at our moving sale and take whatever they can get for free, but I really don't want them to even touch my stuff.  

I've been looking at the pictures I took of all the houses I viewed during my trip to the Phoenix area in February, and found some interesting shots.  This is one of the houses we looked at.  I'm not sure why I took a picture of the hall, but I like the composition of this with the bathroom in the foreground to the left and my daughter passing by a doorway on the right in the background.

In this next photo, if you look closely, you'll see the name of one of our favorite horse bloggers...

I'm not surprised they need a sign to remind them to breathe amongst all that chaos.  Clothes and random stuff were thrown everywhere in this house because it had just come under contact and they had to start packing.  This is about what my house looks like at the moment.

This is going to be my view in a few weeks...

Too bad someone had to build that stupid house right there. And why didn't they turn the house around so that the deck faces the Superstition Mountains instead of the neighbors? The choices people make never cease to amaze me.

Had I chosen my second choice house, which was further east, my view would have been this...

 and this...

 and this...

But I couldn't have ridden my horses out there, so I chose the property that had access to riding trails right across the street.  Looking back, I know I made the best decision.  I'm excited to know that some day soon, I'll be able to bathe in this spa...

and unpack all my boxes in this garage...

I don't know how long we'll be able to make the mortgage payments, but I feel blessed to be able to move into such a nice home during my lifetime.  I owe it all to my parents, who saved every penny and invested wisely, and then were generous enough to leave some of it to me.  I know they are with me in spirit, because they keep leaving signs.  For instance, the four-digit address of their house, the house I grew up in, keeps popping up over and over in odd places.  It showed up several times in my HUD-1 worksheet, in my email count when a significant email came through, and in other places.  I think that's their way of saying, "This is your forever home, just like that address was our forever home."

I hope so.  I don't ever want to have to move again.

16 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I'm glad to see you're feeling better and not so overwhelmed with everything. It will all work out and you will have a beautiful new home with easily accessible riding trails. And best of all no nosy junk collecting neighbors! Good luck with the move, I hope it all goes smoothly.

Dreaming said...

I think you should save your neighbor the trouble and just dump your junk over the fence into his yard!

I'm excited for you! Although the process of moving is exhausting and the paperwork is mind-numbing... I find being someplace new to be energizing!

horsemom said...

What a beautiful place!

Mikey said...

I'm so excited for you! I think this will be so cool for you. A great place, a new beginning. It's going to be hot!!! You're going to love your first winter here too. SO much better than NV (imo).
It sure is happening fast. Love those pics, especially that closet with the space above it. What a great idea!

Linda said...

That's a wonderful thing to know--that your parents did and still are looking after you. I hope this is your forever home.

Anonymous said...

go into this move with positive thoughts about the neighbors, they may turn out to be great people that want to be left alone just like you. it is always good to have at least one person that you can turn too if needed. we all need that person at times, so glad this move is coming about and things are finally going smoother.

Anonymous said...

I love Dreaming's idea.

Laura said...

I totally agree with Dreaming, lol! Just dump your stuff over onto their side!

I'm really glad to hear some excitement in your "voice". I'm so happy that everything is working out and you are making some progress with you packing and de-cluttering!

Here's to AZ! :-D

Katharine Swan said...

Oh, I don't think that one house in your view is that bad. Sure a whole heck of a lot better than the current situation! And if the deck faces your house, at least by the look of it it's some distance away. And who knows, maybe the neighbors don't even spend much time on that deck.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I love what Dreaming said. lol!
Funny how they are hoarding, while you are purging. You will be so glad you did, though. It's so freeing getting rid off all that un-needed junk.

And Katherine's right. There are lots of people who live around our mountains that have decks that rarely ever use them. I have one balcony/deck off my master bedroom and the other off the upstairs loft and we rarely use either one.
Sometimes I'll sit on the master bedroom balcony when it's warm and enjoy a cup of tea and do some reading, but I don't waste time staring at any neighboring houses. lol!

I also think it's odd how many houses on the west face of the Sandias have their decks facing east towards the city of Albuquerque, when their backyard are the majestic and beautiful mountains. But after I visited a friend at night who owns a house in that area, I could finally see the appeal. The city lights sparkling off their deck was rather mezmerizing. :)

~Lisa

Cut-N-Jump said...

The views of the Superstitions are ever changing and so are the sunsets. Which may be why the neighbors deck faces west...

I believe your parents are looking out for you (my dad does this in spirit too) and showing you signs of that.

I think Dreaming is on to something here...

lilyrose said...

Wow. From the looks of these photos you'll be living about 5 minutes down the road from me. I live near the base of the Superstitions further north. You are going to LOVE the quiet out here! Except for the cool nights when your windows are open and the coyotes are howling! LOL Welcome to the neighborhood! :)

Paint Girl said...

Wow, what breath taking views you are gonna have! I am so excited for you to move into your new home with hopefully much better neighbors! And the warm weather!

Breathe said...

Clearly I'm already with you in spirit. It's a lovely, lovely home. I'm so excited for you!!

Stacey said...

I know I'm late on this but, congrats. I LOVE that area. It's GORGEOUS! I hope you find the peace and quiet for yourself, your family, and your animals you have been wishing for for so long!

achieve1dream said...

I'm so, so excited for you!!!