Friday, April 6, 2012

Just Lovely

I made an offer that couldn't be refused (I thought) to a potential home buyer.  Our house isn't on the market yet, but I knew there was a buyer in the area who wanted at least an acre of space, but had a budget that was less than what we wanted to ask for our house.  I told my real estate agent that if he is interested, he could have our house "as is" before I start fixing it up for his budget.

Well, the real estate agent called today and said that his client drove past my house and said he wasn't interested because of all the trash piled in my neighbors' yard.  Sigh.  I suspect it will take a miracle for us to sell this house.  A wall won't help all that much because their trash is piled higher than we can legally build a wall.  We may just have to rent until these neighbors die.

9 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

dang!

BrownEyed Cowgirl said...

Or, you could just keep raising holy hell with the city/county, whoever you need to about these people's junk. You see it on Hoarders all the time. The neighbors get sick of the junk and force the city to make those people clean the property up...or face condemnation. Once your animals and personal stuff is out of there, you won't have to worry about repercussions.

Having someone flat out refuse to buy your property due to someone else's junk is more than sufficient grounds, not to mention that place sounds like a fire hazard. I would be taking pictures and video and turning them into every municipality I could. They have made your life a living hell...turn about is fair play now!

appydoesdressage said...

Wow, I am so, so sorry. Could you go over and offer to pay them to keep their place clean for a couple of months? Offering someone $200 a month to keep their yard presentable works really well as there is a financial incentive. While you shouldn't *have* to do this, I have seen it work on two different occasions.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I agree with Brown Eyed Cowgirl. I'd do exactly what she said.

Breathe said...

That's awful! I'm so sorry. Glad you'll be moving, though. You might find a renter who will take the house as is....

Jeni said...

Me too - raise holy hell with local powers.

Dreaming said...

Too bad. That would have been such an easy solution.

I agree. Since the trash is clearly impacting your ability to sell your house, something should be done.

Linda said...

I don't even know what to say about that, it's so horrible. It's not fair, that's for sure!

achieve1dream said...

Sheesh those jerks are just out to cause trouble no matter what!!

Here is what I'm hoping. You sell your house for an awesome price and the people who move in are extremely rude and obnoxious and absolutely drive your nosey neighbors up the wall. LOL!