Monday, April 30, 2012

Lots of Good News

My husband got the job offer he wanted for the salary he wanted, so he will soon be employed in the state we are moving to, which means that we can call that our primary residence for now on.

The real estate agent said that our local market is finally picking up.  He listed a house on Friday and has already had three showings.  That kind of activity was unheard of last year.  We've been telling everyone that our house will be on the market soon, and several people have said that they know someone who will be moving here this summer and is looking for horse property or over an acre of property.  We've noticed several people drive by very slowly and check out our house while we've been cleaning out the garage, and our house isn't even listed yet, so I suspect that once it does go on the market, we will have a few people lined up waiting for showings.

I managed to get all the utilities and services cancelled or started with a minimum amount of hassle, and made great strides in packing up the kitchen items, while still leaving enough to cook with for the next few days.  I also packed a suitcase to live out of for the rest of the week -- all that while doing my regular Monday chores of laundry and dishes.

Midge had a few more big barfs, and then started eating again.

Scrappy came when I called, but he refused to jump into my arms and raced right past me.  I'm contemplating purchasing harnesses for both dogs since they both have wiggled out of their collars, because we don't want them taking off at rest stops during the trip.

I seem to be fighting off the virus that keeps attacking me.

It looks like by the time that I leave the house, the refrigerator and freezer should be pretty well cleaned out with the exception of some condiments, so we won't have to waste too much food.

I'm feeling like enough is packed that what is important will make it to the new house in the moving van.  The rest of the stuff can stay until one of us comes back to pick up the last car and load up whatever didn't get boxed up in time.

I feel like I'm over the hump.  I can do this.

14 comments:

Paint Girl said...

That is excellent that your husband got the job!! Yeah! I bet that is a huge stress reliever.
Sounds like things are looking up and... yes, you can do it!!!

Dreaming said...

Sounds like good progress has been made. Congarats!!

Mikey said...

You can do this! So glad it's all coming together. You will survive it!!

Reddunappy said...

Yay!!!

So glad for you Hubby!!!

lilyrose said...

Congrats on your husband's job! That IS good news! Things are finally starting to fall into place...just hang in there a little longer. The saguaros are starting to bloom here-so you have that to look forward to also! :)
I'm sure your horses will be happy to see you. I'm heading out of town for a few days to visit my daughter but I will be back on the 7th. Once you have internet up and working , just email me and we can set up a time for you to see our barn/horse set-up. Once you get here I can steer you towards some good feed stores and tack shops or whatever else you may need. Hope you feel better for the long drive down here.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

See??? I told you!!!

~Lisa

Anonymous said...

HI, I've been reading your blog for a while now but have never commented. You might want to try martingale/limited slip style collars for the dogs...I volunteer at a shelter and all of the dogs there wear them because when used correctly they are pretty much impossible to back or slip out of.

ellie k said...

Dreams do come true, hard word and determination has paid off for you. I don.t know you only through this blog but I am so verynhappy for you and the hubby's new job. j ust a few days and you start a nre life, make the most of it and live your dream.

Crystal said...

Good news! Its finally coming together even if still a lot left to do.

Laura said...

yes! Congrats on hubby getting the job! You are so close to being done with all of this stuff - just a bit more to go and you will be done!

Linda said...

Woohoo!! I'm happy for you guys!

fernvalley01 said...

Great news! Congrats!

appydoesdressage said...

Congrats NuzzMuzz!!

achieve1dream said...

Yay!! Congrats on the job and the feeling better. :D I'm so happy everything is coming together and that people seem interested in your house.

For Midge do you think she could be constipated? Has she been going normally and regularly? I hope the vomiting is over and done with. :)