Friday, April 20, 2012

The New Accommodations

I picked up my husband from the airport this afternoon and he delivered more pictures taken with his iPhone. He visited the horses at their new accommodations twice. The first time he just parked in the street and watched them eat. The next morning he got out, and he said Gabbrielle was lovin' all over him. Lostine came over to say a quick hello, but Bombay was too far off in the distance, and he wasn't even sure which horse was him, because there were two flea-bitten greys, and he didn't feel comfortable walking on the property, even though we are boarding our hoses there.

It looks like from the pictures that each pen opens into a riding arena.  This is another dressage facility.  I seem to gravitate toward them.  The last time I took equitation lessons, my instructor introduced me to dressage, and I loved it because the maneuvers were so intricate and I was so busy concentrating on getting the right movements out of my horse that I had no time to be afraid... nor did my horse.  Dressage is hard work, which is the perfect solution to help spooky horses and riders overcome their nerves.




We think that is Bombay in the background behind Lostine's butt.  He had a dirty yellow tail when he left here, because it had been too cold all winter for me to bathe the horses.  Once I get to Arizona I can bathe them every day, including the middle of winter if I want.  No more frozen water hoses.

One of the things I liked about this horse boarding facility, besides that fact that it was only a couple of miles from our new house, was that each horse gets a nice sized pen to roam in.  They aren't put in one large paddock or pasture where Gabbrielle will get her butt kicked every day by more aggressive horses like at the training facility where I had her last summer.

Now that my husband is back in Nevada, his allergies are kicking in.  He was so happy to be able to breathe for a few days.  I'm on my third antihistamine of the day and have been battling some mean headaches.   There will be so many reasons to celebrate once we actually get to Arizona.  I'm sure the horses already feel like they are in heaven.

9 comments:

RiverBend Farm said...

I bet you can breathe a sigh of relief just being able to see your babies. They look happy.

fernvalley01 said...

step one , a win! They look like they are in a great place

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, what a nice facility! I love the shade structure! My mustangs don't have any shade at all...:-( I bet you are missing your horses, but they do look happy!

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Looks like a good place and I'm glad to hear that the horses are all doing good.

Anonymous said...

I love your posts, they paint a picture and make me feel like I am right there in the picture, your writing talent is great.

lilyrose said...

It must have made you feel better to see your horses are doing well! Sorry to burst your bubble-but we do get some freezes here in AZ in the winter. We've had pipes freeze and burst in our barn. :( This past winter was very mild though. It's getting warm here-supposed to be 100 degrees today. The horses will need shade covers when you bring them home.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

lilyrose - Okay, then I'll say no more frozen hoses for 9 months out of the year. I guess I'll hang on to those horse blankets. I'm trying to get a company to give me an estimate on a pipe panel arena, shade covers, a 4-stall mare motel, and hay cover. They seem to keep forgetting about me, though. I guess they don't want my business.

Cut-N-Jump said...

Nuzz- Talk to Joan. Her hubby got a great deal on a hay barn/shade type structure.

Lillyrose is right too! We do have occasional freeze warnings overnight and lasting until 10am sometimes. It's not balzing hot year 'round.

achieve1dream said...

Look at Gabrielle's sweet face! :) I'm glad they are happy and doing well. Yeah I've considered moving to Arizona specifically because of my allergies. Sucks! I'm so happy for you guys that you have a new house in such a nice area. I can't wait for you to be all settled in.