Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Taking A Short Break

I'm taking a short break from packing to tell some funny stories.  Yesterday my husband was cleaning out the garage when that annoying little boy who the old woman next door babysits came riding up on his bike.  He had one of those professional snake catching devices that Mikey has and said, "Since I am an experienced snake catcher, I would like to look for snakes over there in your bushes."

My husband said, "We've never seen a single snake in the 18 years we've lived here, so you won't find any, and we don't want you on our property."

The kid went back to his house.  I started thinking about what could happen once we move out.  If our annoying neighbors are always traipsing all over our property as is, I'll bet they can't wait for us to move out so that they can set up camp.  I wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if they let the little boy play in our barn, took their horses over to eat in my pasture, let their dog have its way in our dog run, and if they start parking their dozens of vehicles in our driveway.  (When we first moved in, they used to park blocking the end of our driveway, and so did the neighbor who lived in that house before them.) 

They'll probably hold a flea market on my land.  They might even expand their horse boarding business by using my paddock, pens, pasture, and barn.  I'm going to have to warn the real estate agent about them.  I've suspected that they've always admired and wanted our property, and that's why they spend so much time staring at our house and hanging out in front of it. 

I had set up an appointment to have our septic tank pumped and inspected on Friday.  I got a call at 7:45 this morning from the company saying that they had a cancellation and could come out right away today.  I said, "I haven't even had my shower yet.  Give me an hour."

They did, and when I walked outside to discuss the results of the inspection, my nosy neighbors all came piling out of their house to watch and eavesdrop.  It figures that I couldn't even get my poop pumped out of ground without an audience.  I should have asked the driver to point the hose at them and put the vacuum in reverse. 

10 comments:

lilyrose said...

This made me laugh out loud! I can just picture the look of horror on their faces as poop goes shooting onto their property! :)
I can't imagine the relief you must be feeling about getting out of there.

Grey Horse Matters said...

You might want to think about ways to secure the house after you move out to keep them off your property. And I would have definitely tried to have the septic company have an "accident" while passing their house.

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, man! I was SO hoping that the septic tank company would have a spill on your neighbors' property!!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ha! You go girl! I love the positive tone in your words. Yeah!!

~Lisa

Once Upon an Equine said...

That last line really made me chuckle.

achieve1dream said...

Oh my goodness you totally should have LOL!!!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Been thinking of you....hoping the move is going smoothly.

Take care,
~Lisa

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I'll bet you can't wait to be away from there permanently.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I'll bet you can't wait to be away from there permanently.

Reddunappy said...

OH! And for your hands, get some Corn Huskers lotion, or a glycerin lotion called Working hands or something similar!!! the glycerin is the key!! Dry from cardboard and rough handling!!