Saturday, June 16, 2012

A Bit Dusty

This morning I picked up Bombay's bigger fly mask, made with love and great skill by Cut-N-Jump. I really appreciated her making another mask for him when his head turned out to be considerably bigger than that of most Arabian horses. I got a chance to meet all of her horses, which included quite an array of breeds and genders.

Then this afternoon I stopped by the boarding stable to put Bombay's fly mask on him. It fit perfectly, and both Lostine and Gabbrielle still had their masks on, and they were in good-as-new condition. I really didn't expect them to last a week with my trouble-makers, because that's been my experience with store-bought fly masks, but Cut-N-Jump assured me that hers are tough and sturdy. She was right. I really recommend that you contact her if you are in need of any kind of fly wear for your horses.

I forgot to stuff a camera in my purse, so I'll have to get a picture of Bombay in his fly mask on my next trip, but it turned out that my timing couldn't have been more perfect in getting it on his face. I thought something was up when I saw dark clouds on the horizon. Sure enough a dust storm blew in...




I'm so glad the horses didn't have to get all the dirt in their eyes.

5 comments:

Dreaming said...

I just heard about dust storms in Phoenix on NPR. I didn't realize they had a special name!
Here's a link to the story:
http://www.npr.org/2012/06/15/155085571/haboob-haiku-arizona-tweets-about-storm-safety

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Haboob!!! lol! John's had to work outside at the airport when one has blown through. The amount of dust and sand covering everything was shocking.

~Lisa

fernvalley01 said...

Cool glad it fits, and I knew they would be well made, after all the lady lives there and they is used to the conditions too

lilyrose said...

So glad that Bombay now has his very own fly mask. Get used to the dust storms...they are a regular thing in the summer here. :(

achieve1dream said...

Yay! Awesome timing!! I'm glad his new mask fit and he got it on in time to protect his eyes. I can't wait to see a picture of it. I really hope I can order a mask for Chrome. They sound awesome!