Thursday, June 21, 2012

Day 4 of Construction

Part of the frame for the mare motel went up today.

They are bringing in a concrete truck in the morning to fill the holes and set the posts.

They also put the roof on the hay barn and attached most of the top rails for the fence.

I look at all this space and can't believe I'm going to have all that land to ride on...

Plus 22 miles of trails across the street.  It sure beats being in a cramped space where neighbors always interfere with my rides.

I checked on the horses and found that Bombay, once again, refused to keep his fly mask on.

It's hard to tell from the pictures, but he thrashed his face and neck pretty good while tearing it off.  It kind of reminded me of how he cut himself up during panic attacks in the horse trailer.  This horse cannot handle being restrained in any way.

So, I decided to just leave the mask off until I get him to my place where I can keep an eye on him.  The mask is still in one piece, though.

Gabbrielle has been keeping her mask on, and quite proud of it.

So has Lostine.

Girls rule!

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Hooray for progress! Can't wait to see the completed progress. You are going to be so happy with all the space! :o)

Paint Girl said...

Gabbrielle looks so adorable in her fly mask!
That's great that so much progress has been made on the mare motel!! It will be so nice for you to get your horses home and then you can get out and explore all those trails!!

Mikey said...

Won't be long now! Looking good!! I just love that you can see them from your porch. You'll spend a lot of nice evenings out there :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oooh! They're working fast!

And yes...mares rock!

~Lisa

lilyrose said...

It's looking good! Your girls look adorable in their fly masks! :)

achieve1dream said...

Way to go girls! I love that last picture!

It's so cool watching the construction process! Thanks for taking pictures and including us. :D