Monday, June 4, 2012

Oh, Bombay!

My gelding Bombay has a knack for destroying mesh fly masks and fly sheets.  Cut-N-Jump said she was making my kids some fly masks, and I had to warn her about their bad behavior around anything they can get their teeth into.  Lostine is good, of course, but Bombay and Gabbrielle make a game out of undressing each other.  You'd never know they are brother and sister... sort of... Bombay's grandfather is Gabbrielle's great grandfather.  Let's just call them kissing cousins.

Anyway, the barn owner had told me that Bombay keeps ripping off the fly mask of the horse in the stall next to him, and she has to keep putting it back on the other horse.  However, every time I have visited the horses in the past week, the horse next door still had its fly mask on.  I began thinking that perhaps Bombay was getting bored with his game of Tear Off the Neighbor's Fly Mask, or had matured enough to behave himself. 

Then today I went out and found that Bombay had shredded the neighbor horse's mesh sunscreen that its owner had put up in the front of its stall.  I know it was Bombay, because it is only ripped on his side.  I'm half-expecting the owner of the other horse to approach me with a bill.  I'll bet everyone will be so glad and relieved when I get my horses out of that place.  I feel like the parent in the restaurant or movie theater with the out-of-control kids.  How embarrassing.

10 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Bad Bombay! Why oh why must horses get into everything! Hopefully the other horse owner won't get mad!

fernvalley01 said...

Oops!

Jeni said...

Gotta love horses!

Dreaming said...

I echo Fernvalley's "oops"!

lilyrose said...

One of the joys of having horses! :)

Cut-N-Jump said...

They are actualy done and I was going to bring them along today to get them to you and left home without them. Yay Me! :( *eyeroll*

Tomorrow night after work perhaps? I'm wondering if I should include one for the neighbor horse. Maybe a parting gift on your behalf...?

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Cut-N-Jump - Ha ha! That's a thought. I feel like I should give her something. Bombay even stole her horse's Jollyball. Every time the poor lady buys something for her horse, my horse gloms onto it. I was thinking of telling the barn owner to just put Bombay between Lostine and Gabbrielle, so he can only do damage to my stuff.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Lucky you! lol! Bombay is just a very smart horse. He just needs something to keep him occupied and busy. His mind is always on overdrive. He is going to have so much fun once you begin riding him again out on the trails.

~Lisa

Fantastyk Voyager said...

lol, kids and pets will always misbehave in spite of our best efforts.

achieve1dream said...

Bombay!!! Naughty boy!