Saturday, July 21, 2012

Interesting Weather Photos

A big wind blew in and our patio furniture began collapsing and blowing away.

The horses got enveloped in bursts of dust.

Dark clouds moved in, swirling at a rapid rate.

A haboob or dust storm moved northwest, ruining my son's pole vault tournament in the east valley of Phoenix.

A partial rainbow appeared above the horse paddock.

Dust was even blowing through the Superstition Mountains.

I'm so glad that I didn't buy too much hay, because most of it blew away.  The horses are having a grand old time picking what's left up off the ground.  Now it is raining.

9 comments:

lilyrose said...

At least we are getting some rain. It bugs me when we get all this wind and NO rain. If you have any extra pallets-try leaning them up along the sides of your grass hay. (Or use a tarp) That may help keep it from all blowing away.

Cheryl Ann said...

I see on our weather forecasts that you guys in Arizona are getting the monsoon storms. We're scheduled for 3 days of thunderstorms here in the Coachella Valley...I imagine you'll be getting more of this!

Rebecca said...

The weather has been crazy here lately too. I spent a few hours out at the barn yesterday and got caught in 2 different huge thunderstorms. I am still not used to the rain after living in CA for so long. :op

aurora said...

Nice photo's, really like the rainbow shot. Hopefully the storms won't get worse.

Katharine Swan said...

You have some really great pictures there! The rainbow picture and the last one, of the blowing dust creating a haze over the mountains, are both lovely, but the one that really caught my eye was the picture of the clouds! I think the contrast makes a sky shot very difficult to photograph, but you captured the details beautifully!

Shanna said...

Want to send some rain our way? Except for a few sprinkles, we haven't had any rain since Memorial Weekend. I totally understand about all your hay blowing away. I get so tired of throwing hay and having it blow away to the next county. Hope you get some decent weather.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

I am not by any means complaining about this weather. I'm fascinated by it. The more rain, the better.

fernvalley01 said...

Definitely different

achieve1dream said...

Wow, weather is definitely interesting out there!!