Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Activity at Dusk

Things get busy around our place at dusk...

The bunnies come out and begin their shenanigans.  This one is running under my horse trailer.

This one was hopping between Lostine's legs.

The birds are molting or fighting or something, because their backs are all bloody, missing feathers, and really gross.

This is Mrs. Lizard who lives under my haystack.  I used to call her Mr. Lizard until I saw that she had babies.  She lets me get closer and closer to her each night.

I found a new use for Cut-N-Jump's hay hammock.  I rake rocks into a pile, lay the hammock flat, and then rake the rocks onto the material.  Then I fold up all the edges and carry it like a hobo's bag to the wheelbarrow and dump all the rocks in.  It sure beats picking them up one-by-one or in handfuls.

I've always got volunteers who want to do the raking.

My baby bunny lets me get closer and closer to her each night.  I was about two-feet away while taking these pictures.

She was eating the horses' dinner.  I got close enough to pet her the other night, but she was shaking, so I walked away.  No point in giving the poor thing a heart attack.

While taking her picture I looked down and saw this guy sitting next to me supervising the photo shoot...


9 comments:

Paint Girl said...

Your bunnies have the biggest ears!! I love them!!!

Crystal said...

What kind of rabbits are those? We only have jack rabbits and bush bunnies ( I don't know their real names).

fernvalley01 said...

Cool pics, and yes those are different bunnies than what we have here

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

They are desert cottontails. We also have jackrabbits. The desert cottontails are closer to the domesticated bunnies one might find in a pet store.

Cheryl Ann said...

Awwww....your bunnies are adorable!

aurora said...

Those are the biggest ears I've ever seen on a rabbit. Nice lighting.

Cut-N-Jump said...

Good to see the hay hammock is coming in handy for other stuff too. I was bringing Kat in the other night after his workout and dang near stepped on Two horney toad/lizards. Got my attention and I did get a couple pictures of them.

Cut-N-Jump said...

Good to see the hay hammock is coming in handy for other stuff too. I was bringing Kat in the other night after his workout and dang near stepped on Two horney toad/lizards. Got my attention and I did get a couple pictures of them.

achieve1dream said...

Those rabbits are soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!! I love all of the photos! And that's a genius idea for the hay hammock. I'm glad you found an easier way to collect the rocks. :)