Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Oh, Mercy Me!

I had promised to share some pictures I took of Mikey's daughter Mercy from our weekend at the ranch.  The camera just loves that girl.  Mikey gave me permission to post pics of her family, in case you're wondering.  So, here goes...

These puppies were skittish when we first arrived, but Mercy was able to charm them and pick them up.  Once she did, Mikey started examining the pups and picking tics out of their ears.  A vet tech is always on the job when she's in it for the animals.  The pups had new homes by the end of the weekend... with someone in the area, not any of us.  We already have plenty of dogs, especially Mikey's family.  They only brought two of their own dogs on this trip, but there were plenty that belonged to the ranch owners and their relatives, so there were doggies everywhere we went.







I told you she could ride circles around me.  She makes a pretty picture too.

7 comments:

Reddunappy said...

Awe! She is getting so big! Thanks for sharing.

fernvalley01 said...

Wonderful photos of that wonderful girl!

Paint Girl said...

I can't believe how much she has grown up! When I met Mikey a couple years ago, I also got to meet Mercy and grandma! Such a wonderful family! Great job taking beautiful pictures! Love them all, especially the last 2!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she is growing up way too fast! Thanks for sharing and thank Mikey for letting you share. I've missed reading her exploits.
Steph

Mikey said...

Thanks so much Nuz!! Awesome pictures :) She's such a little ranch girl, pants all untucked out of her boot.
You take some great pictures! I'm still trying to go over the pics for the website, but I worked at the vet's today, came home, ran over one of my dogs and went straight back to the vet's office. Dog will be ok, surprisingly. Just another one of those days...

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Mikey - Yikes! I'm so glad the dog didn't die. The timing of me saying we already have plenty of dogs would have been beyond terrible. to say the least. It sounds like the usual crazy pace of your life has re-commenced.

I think the pants tucked in one boot but not the other made many of those pictures special. There's another one I didn't post here that I love because it's a close up and she looks so pretty with her subtle smile and hair blowing in the wind, and then her pink shirt is totally covered in dirt and other more colorful stains. Awesome subject matter.

If I were doing studio photography, I would have had every one of her hairs in place and all the correct, man-made lighting, but this was supposed to be a totally natural shoot and that's we we got. People in their element.

achieve1dream said...

Great photos! She's so cute. :)