Sunday, January 20, 2013

Look What I Found

On impulse, my neighbor asked me if I wanted to run up to Scottsdale to exchange a top she bought for a different size.  I had nothing going on at the moment, so I kept her company on the ride.  I found this necklace in a little boutique in Old Town Scottsdale.

I thought it was a perfect representation of my first year here in Arizona.  It's got a scorpion, a rattlesnake, and an iguana or gecco or in my case, a gila monster, since those were the first three poisonous creatures that greeted us when we moved into our new house.

I didn't bring my camera, but there were draft horses pulling carriages around town, and a lot of horse sculptures throughout the plazas.  There were shops filled with cowgirl boots, hats, purses, wagon wheels, cactus candy, and plenty of unique stuff.  Something spooked one of the horses the other day and its carriage flipped on its side.  One man who was helping at the scene of the accident told us about it.  Nobody was hurt.

One man in a cowboy outfit was painted all black like a statue sitting on a bench.  People would sit next to him or have their pictures taken sitting next to him, and then he would drop his lasso around them and they screamed.  I guess he made a pretty convincing statue.  I'll have to go back there some day when I have more time, and take my camera.

6 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

Sounds like a fun outing, good for you to get out for an "off the cuff" spin! Cool necklace!

Reddunappy said...

Great necklace!!! I love unusual jewelry.

Paint Girl said...

What a cool necklace!! Can't wait for you to take your camera next time, would love to see pictures!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Eeeek...those critters scare me. I would never be able to wear them around my neck.But if you love it, that's great! :)
Sounds like a fun place to visit. It's great your making friends with your neighbors, too.

~Lisa

gowestferalwoman said...

Oh I like that necklace - those are the interesting ones that make people think - "snakes? scorpions? and is that a lizard????" :)

achieve1dream said...

LOL! I love the statue thing. Too funny.

I love your new necklace! So pretty!