Friday, January 4, 2013

Need, and You Shall Receive

A purse I was recently using self destructed in the Arizona heat. The vinyl bubbled and stretched until it exploded, so I had to throw it out. I started using my old western purse with tassels again, but forgot that the reason why I stopped using it was because the zipper wouldn't stay closed anymore. I'd zip it in both directions and it stayed open.

So, my husband and I were on our way out the door to go to the Mesa Marketplace, which has rows upon rows of vendor booths in tents, and I was struggling to get my purse zipper at least halfway sealed. My husband said I should move my stuff into a different purse before we go, but I just wanted to hit the road.

When we walked into the Mesa Marketplace, the very first booth we hit sold purses. My husband said, "There you go. There are some purses."

I didn't intent to buy anything.  I just wanted to check the marketplace out, but I know enough to know that when a solution to a problem presents itself that fast, I should take it. When I shop for purses, I'm very picky. I usually go to 3 or 4 stores before finally settling on something that is not exactly what I need. My purses have to be fairly large, but not hobo bags, and they must have several pockets with zippers. Much to my amazement, almost every purse in that booth was perfect, and incredibly unique. My only problem was making up my mind.

I ended up getting this Montana West purse with a saddle and horseshoe emblem for $35, and it's retail price is $100. Yeehaw!

It was a fun and interesting shopping trip.  Not only did we walk for hours and get in some good exercise, but we saw a lot of people from all over the world we never got to see living in our old town in Nevada.  We saw some Amish men and women and a monk that looked like he might be from somewhere like Myanmar. It amazing how everyone loves being in Arizona in the winter time.  I think there are more Minnesota license plates on the road than Arizona license plates right now.

10 comments:

Reddunappy said...

That purse is so cute!!! Love it!!
Great price too!

No outrageous bling, no crosses or pistols, which is all I have been seeing lately!

Just perfect!! :O)

fernvalley01 said...

I love that purse! Well done

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Cute purse! Great deal, too!
Sounds like a fun shopping day :)

~Lisa

Paint Girl said...

Love it! Very cool.
Every time I go to Palm Springs, CA, we go to the vendor/street fair. I have bought a purse, jewelry and sunglasses. I love walking through all the booths! Even if I don't have money to buy, it's just fun!

Cheryl Ann said...

My old Montana West purse, which I've had for about 3 years, finally gave up the ghost. I just ordered a new one on Amazon.com, but it isn't like yours or my old one...it looks cheap and the leather is, well, I think it's a knockoff. I HATE IT! Ugh! Maybe I'll go to our local street fair here in the desert and see if they carry REAL Montana West purses. I got my old one in Williams, AZ.

Cheryl Ann said...

By the way, I LOVE your new one! :-)

Strawberry Lane said...

A new purse and interesting people! Amish people and a monk plus the snow bunnies, now that sounds like a great day!

Marissa said...

I love Montana west purses! They are so cute and cowgirl without being overly blingy! Love it!!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I liked this purse so much that I did some research and found a website where they sell these purses wholesale, all under $30.
I bet this is where those market people are buying these purses and them reselling for a profit.
I really like this adorable horse purse!

http://www.montanawestwholesale.com/werhcohohahr1.html

~Lisa

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Yup. I found my purse in New Arrivals on that site for $25.95. It probably would have cost that same that I paid after taxes, shipping and handling from the website.

http://www.montanawestwholesale.com/mowewehonsah.html

I saw they also had the same purse, but with side pockets for mobile phones. I wish the vendor had that in stock.