Saturday, February 16, 2013

Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show 2013

Now that I live in Arizona, I almost completely forgot about the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show.  My husband came home from work on Thursday and informed me that it had started, so we planned to drive out on Saturday for me to take some pictures.

We didn't stay long.  It seemed like every time we sat down in one arena to watch, they were just finishing the last class and opening up the arena for warm ups.  Neither my husband nor I were feeling well, and my bag of photography equipment felt like it weighed 50 pounds, so we hated having to get up and hike to another arena.  If I go again, I'm only going to take my camera and telephoto lens and leave everything else at home.  I'm also going to show up at 1:00 PM after the lunch break.

Here are some of my favorite photos from what we did get to see of the show:




Both these gals were pouting, so I suspect they weren't happy with their performance, but their horses sure liked each other.  They were flirting during the entire line up.



Sound recorders and tassels are ways in which the photographer assistants get the horse's attention during the awards ceremony.

Every picture below is of the Scottsdale International Arabian Breeders Classic Yearling Colts.  There sure were some spirited ones.











5 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. You did get some nice pictures though. Hope you feel better and get to go back for more.

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, those yearlings are adorable! Hubby and I BOTH had some kind of stomach thing today...fortunately, we WERE able to drive through Joshua Tree national park without incident!

achieve1dream said...

Those pictures are gorgeous! I can't believe the awesome photos you can get inside of an arena. I'm envious of your skill and talent. :D I hope you feel better soon.

The Mane Point said...

What fun! Having bred half-Arabians, I've always wondered what the Scottsdale show would be like, up-close and personal.

Nice photos. Love the youngsters!

Christie Maszkiewicz said...

I got to go to the Scottsdale show in 2007. Sooo much fun! Loved it! Looks like lots of fun was had!