Friday, March 1, 2013

Eat Your Shorts

I save all the oddities I find bundled up in my hay bales and like to give my hay supplier a hard time about it.  At the last delivery I had a tractor part he had been looking for and a coyote leg bone to show him.  But today's finding in Gabbrielle's feed trough beat all.

My poor horse was chewing on some little boy's underpants.  I'm hoping it was just something someone was using as a work rag and not the product of a few other scenarios I had run through my mind.  What's the weirdest thing you've found in a bale of hay?

13 comments:

achieve1dream said...

ROFLOL!!!!!!!

Camryn said...

A very dead, leathery cat skin!

Reddunappy said...

The only thing I have ever found is a plastic sack! LOL LOL

gowestferalwoman said...

LOL just ewww and LOL!

Dreaming said...

OMG! This is amazing! I would have died laughing. I never found anything close to this in my hay. The best I found was a drink box and candy wrappers.

Cheryl Ann said...

A family of mice. I pulled apart one of the bales I got from my cousin's wife's parents who had a 40 acre alfalfa farm down in Thermal. There was a whole family of mice staring at me...momma and several young ones. I screeched at them and they screeched at me. I ran one way...they ran the other way! I've also come across a snake skin....shudder...

spotz58 said...

For me it's a tie between a very flat football and an (unscathed) bottle of doe urine.

Underpants do give rise to some scary scenarios!

redhorse said...

A dead fox.

strivingforsavvy said...

A flat rabbit. The underwear beats all!

lilyrose said...

Ew. The grossest thing I've ever found in my hay was a squished dead rabbit. You win.

Paint Girl said...

Seriously? Wow. That is so hilarious! We rarely find anything in our hay bales, but when we do it's usually parts of a plastic bag or a dead mouse. Nothing like that! Crazy stuff there!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ewwww!

I've found half of a mummified-looking cat, a live snake and dog turds!(Not in the same bale, thank goodness!)

~Lisa

K.K. said...

HAHA! All I have never found anything really weird, which is pretty strange since a lot of the time people just mow the ditches and bale it around here.