Saturday, July 13, 2013

A Post with Pictures

I spared you the pictures of blood and guts this past miserable week, and now I've got some happy pictures for you.  First off, this was Bombay's predicament yesterday:

Rock somehow managed to rip one fly mask ear cover off Bombay's ear.  And this was Lostine's predicament yesterday, brought to you by Rock and Bombay:

A dripping wet fly mask just fished out of the water trough.

And then there is today, after having lunch with Cut-N-Jump, and getting new fly masks with those double sandwich enclosures under the chin, custom made by her:




Better mesh, better comfort, better construction, better attachments, better fit.  Here's Gabbrielle coming in for a kiss after seeing how debonair Rock looks in his new fly mask...

Oh, no, that's not a kiss.  She's trying to undress Mr. Handsome...

Bombay gets jealous and starts trying to undress Gabbrielle...

I want to assure you that no horses got naked during the filming of this post.  Just the way I like it.

I know for a fact Cut-N-Jump was on her way into the city to buy more fly mask materials, so if you need some, send her your order.  I explained to her that the mares have tiny Arab heads while the geldings have small noses with large jowls, and she nailed the fit for everyone.  She also lets you pick out your fleece colors.  Lostine's has pink and purple butterflies.

4 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, those are beautiful fly masks! I just, however, ordered some from horse.com...but I may need one for Lucille, as she's a BIG GIRL!
Cheryl Ann

fernvalley01 said...

She does great work! Like I said to her Cactus got his off stomped it in the dirt, and hid it from me for a week, I found it shook it out and it was good as new !

Cut-N-Jump said...

I was going to text or email and ask how they fit...? Just got back from the grocery store and have an email asking about some so had to come take a look. Yep, they fit! Lol

I have a bunch made and more in the process and am well stocked on supplies for even more...

Lostine may have liked hers on wet. I spray ours out once a week and usually hang them up overnight, but with this heat- having something cool and wet on your head feels good.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

CNJ - I did start putting them on wet a while back, but on this day Lostine wasn't having it. Plus it was close to dusk when I would be removing them anyway.