Thursday, August 29, 2013

Critters and Clouds

I managed to get pictures of a couple of different types of butterflies from my last shoot. This one's wings are pretty beat up, but its face is so expressive. I'd swear it is posing for the camera...

This one has fake eyes on its wings...

We've been getting lots of clouds, lightning and thunder, but not much rain...

While driving home at night, my husband pointed out a bunch of toads hopping across the road.  I went out later with a flashlight and found one Great Plains Toad and one Colorado River Toad.

3 comments:

Cheryl Ann said...

We had a couple of toads come visit us a few years ago. I reached down to turn on the water hose and two BIG EYES were staring up at me! That toad was HUGE! He/she scared me!

Dreaming said...

What beautiful pictures!

achieve1dream said...

I love your pictures! I can't wait until it cools off so you can start posting more. You could totally sell that last one to a calendar!