Monday, August 5, 2013

One Down, One to Go

You may remember that I made two major goals for myself this year:  One was to finish a king-sized bed quilt I've been constructing since 2008, and the other was to finish and publish my second novel.  Well, today I finally finished that quilt!  You can view pictures of it at my Frazzle Frenzy blog.

Of course, I find it rather silly that I completed the quilt in the middle of summer while living in one of the hottest states in America, and I started it five years ago after suffering through another freezing winter in the Eastern Sierra.  But at least I can celebrate in the quilt being done.  I wouldn't allow myself to start any new fabric arts projects until this one was behind me.

On the novel front, I did make some progress during July while participating in Camp NaNoWriMo.  I wrote over 10,000 words, but still have a lot more to get typed in before the first draft will be finished.  Then I get to start the process of editing and revising.  This novel is going to be abnormally long, but it can't be avoided.  I'm not sure exactly when I started writing this particular novel.  I know it began as a series of scenes a long time ago, and I started converting it into a coherent story line at least two years ago.


4 comments:

ellie k said...

That quilt is beautiful. I can sew but never tried quilting. My last sewing was to teach my grand daughter (11) to sew. We made American girl doll clothes. Her friends were so surprised at the cute things she had for her doll. I do like the quilt and you did a great job.

Cheryl Ann said...

Your quilts are BEAUTIFUL! I wish I had that kind of talent! Nice job!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

ellie and Cheryl Ann - Thank you so much. When I'm in the midst of a quilting project, I catch all the flaws and get frustrated, but when I look at all the quilts I've made over the years, I do feel amazed that I was able to do that. Sometimes I think I must have a secret twin who made them, because I don't know where I found the patience and time.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I can sew too but never tried a quilt. Yours is beautiful. Love the pattern and the colors.

Good luck with your novel.