Monday, September 9, 2013

Rock Has a Mean Left Hook

It rained most of the day, but when the sun came out, the horses came out to play.   Rock and Bombay were rearing up and spinning their front legs at each other.   It was such a beautiful sight that I ran outside with my video camera.   Of course, they immediately stopped their horse play, figuring they'd get in trouble.  After a while they started up again.   I was shocked enough to shake the camera when Rock nearly took Bombay's head off with a left hook...

video

Bombay was stunned enough to shake his head, but wasn't stunned enough to keep from continuing to run around teasing Rock to try it again.

video

8 comments:

Mary said...

I glad nobody got hurt. It sure is fun to watch them playing freely like that! Thanks for sharing!

Cheryl Ann said...

Oh, my! Glad Bombay wasn't hurt. Yes, it was fun to watch them!

Horseyhabit said...

They're living the thug life. First you get shanked yesterday by Bombay, then Bombay gets sucker punched by Rock.

;)

Love your blog, first stop of mine every day! :)

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Mary - Thanks for leaving a comment. I know I used to have your blog in my feed, and then I lost it. Your comment was able to bring me back to your site so I can follow you now!

Cheryl Ann - Yeah, Bombay came out of it without a scratch. He probably just saw birdies circling around his head. He got his revenge, though. By evening Rock had a cut and some swelling on his nose. They're like boxers.

Horseyhabit - Thanks for letting me know you are here. I know a lot people read my blog, but I don't know many of the readers because they remain so quiet. Your comment cracked me up.

Cindy D. said...

Ha ha! The Thug life! Too funny.

Ya know Nuz, I hate to say this, but if I was one of your neighbors I'd probably seem like one of those nosy neighbors cuz I could watch your horses play all day!

My neighbor in WY had 2 Arabians and they were always running and playing like that. I loved to watch them too.

Dreaming said...

What fun! I love watching horses play. The 2nd video almost looks like the horses had worked on choreography through the night!

Mary said...

Thanks for coming back! I'm doing a happy dance now! :)

Once Upon an Equine said...

They are sure having fun. Almost looks like they have a riderless quadrille going on. Yeah, glad Rock didn't knock Bombay's teeth out.