Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Plumb Tuckered Out

NyQuil did the trick and I was finally able to get a good night's sleep.  I had planned to get caught up on things around the house and in the office and balance that out with some rest today, but we had perfect horseback riding weather.  It was warm, not hot, with a steady cool wind.  On the back of a horse it feels like someone is blowing air conditioning on you.

I caught Rock galloping around and bucking yesterday, so I knew his bruise had healed.  I rode him and P.S. rode Gabbrielle on a nice trail ride.  We found a new-to-us section of trails that had some steep slopes, so the horses got some practice in going up and down some difficult footing.  Rock was motoring along like he never has before.  He even trotted a few times, so I didn't have to work my legs so hard.

I also caught Lostine racing around doing the bunny hop yesterday, and I would swear she was asking me to take her out for a ride, so I might ride her next.  She's retired, but that doesn't mean she can't do small jobs every once in a while.

I think it is funny that the horses we ride in the morning feel the need to take cat naps in the afternoon.  And now I am ready for my own cat nap.

4 comments:

Katharine Swan said...

Ha, I had the opposite problem -- I wanted to go ride today, but was lured into staying home by multiple things around here that needed my attention (like procrastinating!). Oh well. It's NaNo, so if I have an urge to do laundry, I suppose I'd better not argue with that...

Crystal said...

I love watching horses laying down :)

achieve1dream said...

I'm glad you got some sleep and that you're feeling a bit better and that you're having nice riding weather. Oh and that Rock and Lostine are feeling better too. :)

fernvalley01 said...

nice time for a nap