Thursday, January 16, 2014

More Unintended Exposure Experience

What are the horses alerting on?


Why is Gabbrielle running in horror?

Because of this...

Just when the weather started warming up and I discovered the joy of sitting on my porch reading a book when the neighborhood is quiet during the work week, my next door neighbors hired a tree trimming outfit to clean up their yards.  They've been out there with chainsaws and a wood chipper for two days now.  I can't wait for this project to be done.

Gabbrielle is the only horse so far who has attempted to approach the fence to get a closer look.  The other three have just remained huddled around the barn.  My horses would obviously fail a logging related trail trial, but maybe they'll be a little better with that kind of activity and noise after this experience.

3 comments:

Cindy D. said...

Perhaps this is a blessing in disguise. By time it is over hopefully they will be cool with it all.

We have had construction going on at our house since before Thanksgiving. Any time I can, I walk them around the noise, and past the cement trucks. Now their reactions are more like "meh" instead of "Holy crap, its gonna eat me!"

However, noiseless golf carts...they can't seem to get over those!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Hope the noisy tree work is over soon. But at least you know you have great "watch horses." Better than dogs right?

fernvalley01 said...

Sigh, always something it seems. I think overall your horses should be able to be ridden down a busy highway towing a trailer with a pack of rabid lions on it for all they seem to be exposed to! Nice that Gabrielle is trying to check it out at least