Monday, February 10, 2014

A Fun Photo Opp

Cut-N-Jump's arena driving trials came into town this weekend, and was happy to get out and take some pictures of her club in action.  Cut-N-Jump (CNJ) got caught up on each other's happenings, and then we had lunch with fellow bloggers Cindy D. and Brown Eyed Cowgirl (BEC), which was my first time meeting them both in person.  Here are some of my favorite shots from the arena driving trials...







My photography instructor would spank me for this next picture.  The angle of the fence top rail in the background makes this little pony look like a unicorn...
I'm always having otherwise good pictures ruined by crud in the background.  I take the time to Photoshop that kind of stuff out if someone orders prints, but I can't do it for 200 proofs.  That little pony is so cute and fluffy that it reminds me of a Muppet.

Cut-N-Jump and her pony Kat below...




Cut-N-Jump, Cindy D., and Kat below...


10 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

great shots! and the background is so beautiful!Makes them like postcards

Cut-N-Jump said...

I'm glad you could make it. It was a lot of fun. I looked at the proofs and there was one of us in the cones where a half dead tree branch looks like forked lightening or something striking my pony. I thought it was kinda cool actually.

It is really a friendly bunch of people and everyone is helpful as well as encouraging each other to have fun and do well. The biggest, most common question of the day- "How did you do out there?"

gowestferalwoman said...

That last picture around the cacti -

magnifique!

Allison B said...

Great photos! Love the cacti, too (I've never seen one in real life)! ADT sounds so fun.

Cheryl Ann said...

That really looks fun!

Sam said...

I missed out going this year, but I love it. There is a ride-n-drive down in Coolidge in March - are you planning to head that way?

lytha said...

oh this kills me cuz i wanna teach mara to drive so bad - she is soooo good at ground driving, so much braver than when i'm on her back, and she knows how to regulate her speed based on vocal commands now, and a little pressure on the reins she'll oblige me and walk very very slowly (if it's muddy and we're going donwhill and i don't want to faceplant). if only i knew how to do this....

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Sam - I know. This event happened to land on your birthday. I don't know if I can even plan as far ahead as March. I'll have to see when we get there. I'm struggling to find a time to go to one day of the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show. Is anyone going to that? It starts Thursday and runs for 10 days.

Cut-N-Jump said...

Lytha- it really isn't difficult and if your mare ground drives really well- you're half way there! Email me if you'd like and I would be happy to help you.

Sam- Ride-n-drive? Would you be referring to the CDE perhaps? No riding there, just driving. Otherwise this might be something put on by another club. Interesting. What are the dates?

achieve1dream said...

Fantastic photos!!! I want to teach Chrome to drive so bad but I can't afford harness or buggy. Maybe someday.