Sunday, March 16, 2014

Need New Feed

I used to have a really great blog feed program, but it was discontinued.  I've just been accessing Blogger's blogs I follow reading list since then, but it has a bug that bugs me.  Since the reading list is below my dashboard, it assumes that each time I access my dashboard, I have accessed my reading list and have read it.  So, the next time I access my dashboard, it won't display my reading list unless someone in my list posted something new.  I try refreshing and clicking different links, but it just displays Blogger Buzz or some tutorial, which I don't care about.

Just now I saw a bunch of blog posts I wanted to read, but when I went to click on one of the blog links, my finger slipped and sent me somewhere else.  When I came back, I couldn't get the reading list back.

So, I'm in the market for a new blog feed.  What do you recommend?

5 comments:

Cindy D. said...

I have the same problem, I usually have to refresh half a dozen times before the reading list comes up.

Ms Martyr said...

I was outraged the first time I got the message that I wasn't following any blogs. I find that if I click on the Blogger title next to the orange squiggle that my reading list will usually appear.

Cut-N-Jump said...

I just go to one of the blogs I know- Yours, Cindy's, BEC's, FernValley or others and check the list of blogs on the side. If there's a new post up, I click on it and open it in a new screen. I don't 'follow' any of the blogs, per se, so this is an easy way of seeing when or who posted and going there.

Sam said...

I use Feedly through Firefox. I like it well enough - although, I've noticed I have one blog it will not show new posts for. I don't understand why not, but it seems to be isolated to that blog.

achieve1dream said...

I'm actually using Windows live mail that came already installed on my computer. It has a section for feeds and for email. To add new blogs you have to use an rss feed validator like the one at www.feedvalidator.org. You just put in the URL, hit submit and then paste the new URL it give you into the new feed on windows live mail. It took some getting used to but I really like it now.