Friday, March 14, 2014

What Do Dogs and Horses Have in Common?

Don't let either of them "help" bring in the mail...





The other day I was telling the horse trainer that when I bring in the trash can from the curb, I lead a horse up there with me and have him either follow behind the trash can as I drag it or have him walk beside it as I drag it in.  He thanked me for that and said that most of his near-wrecks were caused by trash cans and mailboxes.  So, I thought about how I could get my horses used to mailboxes.  I started leading them up the driveway to pick up the mail and ask them to wait patiently while I opened and closed the box, and sorted through the mail.

I noticed that Rock seemed particularly interested in a thick tool catalog, so I said, "You want this?"

He nodded.

I threw the catalog at his feet and he promptly scooped it up in his mouth.  First, he had fun ripping the pages.  Then he liked flailing it around and hitting the other horses with it.  Eventually, he did something useful and began sweeping the barn floor with it.

3 comments:

Water Girl said...

That is by far the cutest thing I have seen in a while! Your horses are such characters. I love that they all have such distinct personalities.

Cindy D. said...

Too Funny!

strivingforsavvy said...

Funny!