Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Be Careful What You Wish For

I have a knack for having my wishes come true in the strangest forms.

I have always wished I could get one of these wild desert cottontail rabbits to hold still long enough to let me pet its fuzzy tail.  I wanted to see if it was as soft as I imagined it to be.  I had domestic rabbits as pets as a kid, but I don't recall that their tails were as fluffy and soft looking as the cottontails' tails.  This morning I walked outside and found this:

Yup.  It was mighty soft.  I just wish it could have been attached to a live rabbit.  I'll have to be more specific next time.

3 comments:

Once Upon an Equine said...

Yikes. Yes, more specific for the rabbit's sake. Our neighbor's dog was wandering around last week with a dead rabbit in it's mouth. I was relieved to see it bury it's prize in it's owner's yard instead of ours.

TeresaA said...

HA!! that made me laugh. :)

Ian H said...

Lucky rabbit's feet and tails are not so lucky for the rabbit!