Sunday, April 13, 2014

Horsemanship Progress

Here are a few more pictures from the horsemanship competition to show you what some of the trainers worked on:

Picking up feet and having ropes around the legs...

Pulling a tire behind them...


Jeremy was the first to ride his horse out of the round pen up to the audience...

He sidepassed him back and forth in front of the bleachers...

This was only the horses' second day under saddle, and the trainers were exposing them to a tremendous amount of stimuli.  Thomas rode his horse out to us too.

He rode the filly right up to the barrels and let her sniff them.

He also cantered around the main arena.

Matthew came out too and took his horse through its paces...

Jeremy had his horse helping him open and close the gate to its pen...



I guess what I took away  from the weekend was that a lot can be accomplished with a horse in a short period of time if you know what you are doing and you do it right.

2 comments:

TeresaA said...

I want that roan filly. she's fabulous

achieve1dream said...

It's crazy what they can do in a few days. I just wish they would use four year olds. I wonder if the guy on the blue roan put the saddle too far forward on purpose.... I wish I had even a quarter of their guts lol!