Monday, September 8, 2014

What a Difference a Day Makes

The heat and humidity over the past three to four months have been getting old, but this morning I am actually sitting in my house with no ceiling fans or air conditioners running thanks to Tropical Storm Norbert.  I also got my morning shower outside with my clothes on.  I had a feeling this storm would be a doozy, and I even considered seeing if we could get some flood insurance, because every time it rains here, the water runs right up to our front door, and anything more than the usual amount could get inside the house.  Fortunately, the ground has been soaking it up pretty well.  My wheelbarrows were full to the rims with rainwater, so I know we got several inches of rain in a very short period of time overnight.

We have a flood running through the arroyo in our back yard, and streams are running through the barn.  People are trapped on the freeway and other roadways, their cars submerged in water and stuck in mud.  The roof of a store collapsed.  Many schools and businesses are closed.  I woke up to find that someone crashed into the safety barrier at the back of our property that was put there to prevent drivers from crashing down the cliff into the arroyo in our back yard.


I suspect someone hit it while backing up to turn around.  It's one of those things that nearly happens a dozen times a day.  I wonder whose going to fix it?  Hopefully, the county will do it, because we certainly don't need anymore work.  Fixing things that other people broke just seems to be the theme of my life at times.  I'm beyond tired of it.

Here's a picture I took of the moon and clouds last night before the rain started...


3 comments:

Katharine Swan said...

That last picture, of the moon and clouds, is gorgeous!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Thank you, Katharine. I've been having a bad day and it always nice to hear a compliment on one of those days.

achieve1dream said...

Oh wow!! That moon and cloud shot is amazing!!!!