Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Look Who's Feeling Better

I was sitting in the house feeling a little chill and thinking, "Where did I put my jacket?"

Hmmmm.  Last time I wore it I was working in the barn.

I looked out the window to see this...




I didn't rescue it in time.  They ripped the lining, so I gave it back to them.  This was a jacket my father bought for my mother when they were on a cruise ship, and she gave it to me because it was way too big for her.  It swallows me too, but it's comfy, so I've worn it.

Most people would be really upset if they came home from work and found that the dog shredded their wardrobe, but I was just so happy to see Bombay playing again that I figured the pleasure of watching the boys romp in the paddock by far out-weighed the loss of the jacket.

Lostine says, "I'm outta here!"


This was funny.  Bombay got his leg caught on Rock's rump after he reared up over him.  Bombay had to hop along behind him until the leg slipped off.  I was worried he might have pulled a muscle, but by the following sequence of photos you can see that he was just fine...




It's a wonder they didn't rip their teeth out every time they stepped on the jacket.





Gabbrielle kept looking at me as if saying, "You're not really allowing this, are you?"




Uh.  My hair got mussed up.

8 comments:

Camryn said...

HA, love it. #7 is my fave.

achieve1dream said...

LOL!!!! I LOVE these photos!!!! My favorite is the rearing one where the jacket is levitating over Rock's head hehe!!!

P.S. Is Lostine locked up so she can eat or was she just hiding out? I hope she's feeling better soon too.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Lostine wasn't locked up. She just prefers to hang out in the barn. She's not much into getting her exercise these days. But I do lock all the horses up while they eat so that I know each horse is getting the ration I intended for him/her. Plus, with the way the horses had been pushing each other around at feeding time, I wouldn't be surprised if that caused Bombay to have an ulcer.

FoxLair said...

LOLOLOL....made me smile, luv these

Brenda said...

Love the pictures. I'm sad for the loss of the jacket since it was something your dad gave your mom, but it seems to have brought so much joy to Bombay. I'm glad he's feeling better.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

It's okay. The jacket was at least 15 years old. I have other things that belonged to my parents.

strivingforsavvy said...

Great pictures! I would have given them the jacket too.

Crystal said...

They sure were enjoying themselves!!! horses :)