Friday, December 12, 2014

Meet and Greet With the New Herdmate

While shoveling another ton of manure into the dump, we found ourselves adopting another herdmate for the horses.


Every once in a while we get lucky and find something good when someone brings in a load of items that didn't sell at a yard sale.  I'm on a roll finding uses for other people's trash.

You go poke it.  No, you go poke it.  You first.  Are you kidding me?  That thing will kick my butt.
Of course, Rock was the first to say hello...

What are you and where have you been?  Oh oh, I'm acting like a dog.
...and to knock it over...

That looked like it hurt.  Did it hurt... when you fell from heaven?
...and to throw it around.

With all that hair, I can fly you like a flag.
I had washed the toy before letting the horses play with it, so water flew all over Rock's face when he threw it around, but that didn't deter him.  It just made it more fun.

He got possessive over it after a while...

This is my new girlfriend.  We'll figure out the logistics later.
When she wasn't as responsive as he would like, he began trying to nudge her around...

Boy!  This is one tough broad.  She won't budge.
I tried to convince Gabbrielle that the new horse looked just like her, but she wasn't impressed...



She was gimping around with the help of Banamine.

Hmmm... Which one of you two pretty ladies would like a date with me tonight?
I caught Bombay throwing the toy in Rock's face...


Their expressions afterward...

Dude, that's just uncool.  You don't chuck my girlfriend in my face.  You just don't.  I mean, who does that?  You do, apparently.
Predictably, a fight broke out...

Gabbrielle:  Oh brother, here we go again.






As expected, there was a casualty...

I guess it's back to the dump for me.  Thanks guys.

10 comments:

achieve1dream said...

LOL!!!!!!!!! I LOVE this!! Their expressions are so awesome! That sure was a cute pony. Too bad she was a casualty. I guess Rock didn't figure out the logistics hehehehe!!!!!!

GunDiva said...

Aw, I love this!

(Sorry the plastic girlfriend got broken)

fernvalley01 said...

lol too fun!

How Sam Sees It said...

I'll have to try that with my horses. I keep trying to find something new for Baron - he's taken to throwing his motorcycle tires out of the yard and into the street. :)

Crystal said...

Haha that's awesome! I love when they play :)

TeresaA said...

oh that was funny. Thanks for the photos!

Horseyhabit said...

Your horses are hysterical!! They must have you laughing constantly! :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Great post! Very entertaining. You made me laugh.

Lisa

FoxLair said...

This really made me laugh since I had just watched this video that a friend of mine had posted on FB
http://www.horsecollaborative.com/the-one-gift-your-horse-does-not-want-you-to-impulse-buy-this-black-friday/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=paid&utm_campaign=black-friday
You will get a kick out of this!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

FoxLair - That is funny -- kicked the tail right off it. I also liked the puppy leading the horse. Stewie always grabs the other dogs' leashes and tries to lead them around.