Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Please?

Will somebody please remind me in 365 days to take my dogs and get the heck out of Arizona?

Even when it is raining, people are still out there popping off guns and firecrackers.

My pain is compounded by the fact that  it has been raining non-stop all day, I've got one dog with a storm phobia who trips me with every step I take in her effort to stick close to me for safety, none of the dogs will relieve themselves outside in the rain, none-the-less with all the booming going on, and one dog is sick and vomiting.  2014 is going out playing a cruel joke on me.  I'm going to need a HazMat team in here by morning.

4 comments:

ellie k said...

Same here in Florida, fireworks all around, on and on. My daughter has two big dogs and they become lap dogs when fireworks start. They are suppose to be sold to farmers to scare the birds from crops. People sign that is what they are buying them for.

How Sam Sees It said...

They are legal here in AZ, thanks to a certain Governor... We spent all night trying to keep Monty from hurting himself. We got a dose of tranquilizers from the vet, but he burned right through it. We ended up adding a couple of Benedryl's to the mix and gave him about two hours of peace. It started around 6 in our neighborhood in Mesa and went until about 2am. I couldn't even think of the horses - I'm heading out there in a bit to make sure they haven't injured themselves. I'm so with you - maybe we can find a remote spot somewhere?

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Sam - Oh yeah, that's must have been really tough since Monty just got his bandages off from his surgery. Yeah, if we don't want to travel too far, we can just get away from the cities, but I'm almost tempted to figure out which state closest to us had made fireworks illegal and take my tax dollars there.

achieve1dream said...

I'm so sorry! If it makes you feel any better I don't shoot fireworks with respect toward scared dogs. Storm was afraid of them too, but she would just pace and pant all night, so she wasn't at risk for hurting herself. I gave her benadryl too. One mg per pound of weight. I'm so glad Jackal doesn't mind them. I really hope I don't ever have another fearful dog. :( I hope your pups are okay.