Thursday, January 15, 2015

Got the Fitz

The horses got the fitz this afternoon.  I was able to get a few shots of them playing chase in the paddock before they settled down.  It turned out that Lostine was in heat again, so all the horses were doing the Flehmen Response, and Rock was locked in on chasing her into corners.  I had to holler at him to be nice.  It seems that Lostine has been going into heat during the first few days of sunshine after several days of rain clouds, as opposed to following a bodily cycle.




The ground is finally drying out enough that I can scoop up the manure.  We are also seeing our first few flies of the year, and they are aggressive.  I have to keep my mouth closed and my nose plugged when I go outside or a fly will end up in my sinus cavity.  Time to order some Fly Eliminators.

2 comments:

fernvalley01 said...

Wow! flies already! we are a long way from that! lol still a few more months of snow and cold

achieve1dream said...

Ugh flies!!! I love all of the pictures!! Your herd is so beautiful!