Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Day 2015

I ended up taking an anti-anxiety pill myself last night.  There were at least two fireworks shows directly behind my house and the booming was more intense than years past.  I'd go out on the porch every once in a while and shine a flashlight on the horses.  They were running around terrified, but locking them up might have led to a bigger chance of injury because they would try to crash through metal railings.  At least being loose, they felt like they could flee to somewhere.  This morning they were grumpy, but there were no additional leg injuries.

Midge tore up the house.  Sedatives do nothing for her.  Locking her up in a room just results in her scratching and chewing a hole in the door, cabinets, and whatever else is within reach.  Locking her in a cage kennel results in her ripping her own claws and teeth out on the bars.  My husband tried all the tactics I've tried over the years that just result in bigger problems, so I woke in the morning to find furniture knocked over, toilet paper rolls scattered on the floor, and a variety of dog accidents on the carpet.  But when I saw what Mother Nature delivered, I forgot about all of that and braved the ice skating rink on my porch to take a few pictures.










6 comments:

Country Wife said...

Happy New Years

Stephanie Ford said...

Gorgeous view!

fernvalley01 said...

what a beautiful start to 2015! Happy New Year

How Sam Sees It said...

Beautiful!

Cheryl Ann said...

Happy New Year! Your horses look gorgeous again the snow covered mountains! We were going to get out your way, but hubby tweeked his back, so NO GO!
Cheryl Ann

achieve1dream said...

WOW!!! So pretty!! I love the profile picture of Bombay and Gabrielle!

I hope the dogs are okay. I wish there was a way to completely knock her out, but that's probably not safe with her health. :(